SAU Community

Xbox360 Who's Got One?

Microsoft is re-releasing the Xbox 360 in 2007 to compete with the PS3, Has faster processor and other goodies.

I have read news that they are making a more efficient, cheaper, cooler cpu, but there is no where that says it will be faster.

You realise its already running 3 X 3.2ghz , and there is nothing it cant graphically do that the ps3 will be able to do when its released.

The only thing I have read about ps3 is that It can handle more going on at a time on the screen if the coders know what they are doing, or put the effort in.

It wont be able to actually do better grapics.

saying that, cant wait :(

I am as excited about the ps3 as I am about the flood of new services and games MS will offer by the time ps3 lands.

They are bringing arcade games like street fighter to the xbox live market place and re writing them in hi-def and with online multiplayer.

YEEE

Edited by noise

Yeah there is no way they could make it faster because then it would be inconpatible with the current 360.

But there is a HD DVD drive coming out later this year but so far it is only for movie playback.

• 2 weeks later...
nah man, you can have it for free....

with 10 games....

I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands if it's for free :(:D , I'm in sydney area too so I can come pick it up :)

I got one on launch, its really growing on me. On a large HD TV with surround sound is awesome.

Games I got...

Perfect dark zero - single player is average, multiplayer is good

fight night round 3 - insane grpahics and great game play

PGR3 - not a huge fan but its ok

Condemned - cool game but once i finish it ill sell it, no reply value.

DOA4 and GRAW coming in the mail.

oh yeah and live rocks.

wait 6 month-12 months for ps3 release in australia? lol no thanks.

xbox will probably have about 100 games by that time and ps3 will have what 10-15?

and psp is junk.

I will buy a ps3 as soon as there are a few ps3 only titles out that are good.

but with FFXIII being a possible launch game, thatll crap on more than 50% of 360's games.

i agree with AbusD ill be buying a 360 when theres some good firmware for it. ill probably just wait till ps3 comes out, as the games out atm are crap, plus itll be cheaper. Perfect Dark i would hope to be good, as i loved the N64 version.

I will bet my skyline that FFXIII will not be a ps3 launch title. Espically seeing as 12 has just come out about a month ago in japan. And won't be here till arounds september, october.

And there was no announcemt at E3 either.

If anyone has any questions about games or hardware chances are i'll know the answer. Not totting my own horn, but i am yet to find a gamer as fanatic or knowlegable as me.