SAU Community

Advice On Picking A Colour For 32 Gtr

ali-turko

post-16324-1143457856.jpgpost-16324-1143457715.jpghey guys

im getting my 32 gtr painted next month and really not sure what colour to pick its ucurrently black and iv got three colours in mind

mdnight puple 3 , the 360 spyder ferrari yellow or jet black with a pearl

post-16324-1143457856.jpgpost-16324-1143457715.jpghey guys

im getting my 32 gtr painted next month and really not sure what colour to pick its ucurrently black and iv got three colours in mind

mdnight puple 3 , the 360 spyder ferrari yellow or jet black with a pearl

Hey

I'm also considering getting my R32 GTR painted

I've always thought that lighter colours look best on the R32

I'm going with yellow I think

Will the underbonnet and inside the doors etc?

If the answer is NO then i'd simply go with the same color as the original but with a nice pearl in it....

Having a Black exterior and blue under bonnet isnt a really good look

just like R33_STEALTH said, if your not goin to get the engine bay, underbonnet, doors etc painted and your only gonna do the exterior painting then go with your original colour. The last thing you want is popping your bonnet to show people the engine bay or opening the door and for them seeing you didnt do a full respray, by seeing your old colour underneath. It doesnt look good and you will be called a "povo" or "tightarse" :D

i got everything except my engine bay painted. my engine bay colour is black so i guess its not too bad, noone ever says anything. i actually had someone looking at my engine bay and ask "so what colour was it before?". i thought it was pretty funny.

ali-turko wrote:

im planning on the whole car been painted

Faarrrk!!! The WHOLE car? ...as in underneath bonnet, inside doors, underneath boot lid, engine bay...?

Thats a MASSIVE job! The car has to be stripped down to a rolling shell pretty much. Motor has to come out and engine bay cleaned and prepped. All the doors have to come off, as well as door seals and trim too. Interior has to come out(And im not just talking about the seats!)

I dont see it costing any less then 5-6K

Yes doing the whole car is a MASSIVE job.

Since your car & engine bay is black its better - its alot more obvious if you have it resprayed something like red and inside the bay is white.

if this helps

www.modifymycar.com

you can choose wat car you want (called skyline coupe in it) choose the rims you have and lower it to your specs and change the color and see which 1 you like best.

hope it helps

I'll be getting my 32 gtr resprayed soon too. Anyone got any pics of a yellow 32 gtr? I can't picture it looking too good in my head. My 3 main pics at the moment are bayside blue, dark green, or the new Mazda 6 phantom blue (green pearl).

Yellow?? wtf?

I think thats one of the poorest choices for a car (no-offence secur1ty)

My 32 is black, but when the previous owner chose to get it resprayed he had it done black again (thankgod) with a blue pearl and a small metallic fleck.

It looks black for the most part, but raven blue/black in the sun. Its the best option as you can get away without doing door trims, and engine bay without noticing.

Yellow?? wtf?

I think thats one of the poorest choices for a car (no-offence secur1ty)

:werd:

Morgs painted his car dark green, very close to the dark green Subaru colour. Looks great.

If you're after a yellow GTR, Stirlo_GTR has one for sale that he painted Modena yellow. After seeing pics of R32s in Bayside Blue, I agree with the guys that suggest a dark colour. The black with pearl sounds very nice.

2.2c

There was this purple R32 GTR with the plates GTR or something like that in zoom [not a feature car but a write up on a track day]

The puple was dark but with a pearl. It looked much like that green in the link above but electic purple! i'll try and post up a pic if i can find it

Any way.... a dark colour is good on R32 GTR

Just make sure you have a couple of clear coats so get that lovely "sheen" on it!

I always like the VT SS common-hore blue.

My 2p

Edited by NAman

i must be boring as i have been thinking about gun metal grey for my GTR. (currently also gun metal grey). possibly with a little metalic in there. and of course plenty of clear coats.

question: what colour pearl would the colour coordinated reccomend to go over gun metal grey?

Personally I would choose the Midnight Purple or the Black with a pearl in it. Although why not put a perl in the midnight purple?