SAU Community

Want To Replace Stock Airbox On My 32, With An Apexi Pod Filter Kit

{AMO}

hey guys

looking at replacing my stock air box with an apexi power intake pod filter kit and some people have recommended that i get a custom heat shield installed aswell.

what are peoples thoughts on heat shields with pods are they worth putting in and hwat are there benefits if there are any.

any opinions would be really appreciated.

thanx heaps, Aaron.

the shield will only take the edge of the heat as its a faily sealed unit under there except for factory ducting .... the apexi's do more than just react better to shielding, they are a wiked filter system with proven results on filtration and re-use is more what you need to know as heat will be the same with any filter unless you get some cold air ducted .....

I didnt use a heat shield in the engine bay, but made up a small scoop to duct air from the opening in the front bar to the opening under the headlight, I dont have any b4/after temps but going by touch the pod was much cooler after a hard run.

nothing like spending $500 for basically bugger all horsepower.

You would be lucky to get 5 'real' horsepower over the stock airbox and a highflow element, perhaps even 'no gain'. Thats $100 per horsepower , one of the worst perfomance value mods ever.

go spend it on a dump pipe or something.

nothing like spending $500 for basically bugger all horsepower.

You would be lucky to get 5 'real' horsepower over the stock airbox and a highflow element, perhaps even 'no gain'. Thats $100 per horsepower , one of the worst perfomance value mods ever.

go spend it on a dump pipe or something.

Yeah you have a point and all just I have the apexi pod etc just I want it to be sheilded and hidden from sight.

Pods are not the best thing to be seen in the engine bay in NSW.

I run an Apexi filter and don't run a heat shield or box on my 180sx, however run a cold air pipe from the front to underneath the filter. Tell you the truth, the gains from running a pod more than outway the potential extra heat. I was running a K&N filter in the standard box prior to that, I would never go back to the standard box again.

That topstage shield looks really good.

I did a similar cold air setup too, a pipe from the front bar to under the pod. After a hard drive the bottom of the pod filter is noticably cooler than the top because the pipe is directed right at it.

I made my own heat shield from a piece of aluminium after seeing some other people's setups.

dsc00209s9vj.jpg img1680sm4gy.jpg

Edited by Gengis