SAU Community

Vote John So

Mavric

Well as some of you may be aware it's the World Mayor Award.

I think this might be a good way in which we can thank John Soo for all the hard work he put into making the Commonwealth Games what it was, And also all the addition events in which was organised by the city to keep everyone entertained. (He can't help the road closures so i don’t want to hear ppl complaining).

From www.worldmayor.com

"You are invited to nominate outstanding mayors who you think should be among the finalists of the 2006 World Mayor contest. The names of the finalists will be published in June 2006. Preliminary findings will be provided during the course of the nomination round, between now and the end of May. The second round will run from June until the end of October 2006. The winner of World Mayor 2006 will be announced in early December 2006."

Your Nomination can be entered at

http://www.worldmayor.com/voting/voting2006.html

we were having this debate at work....

i reckon people cheered him at the games because they're taking the piss (which is a little upsetting being chinese), but they reckon that people genuinely take to him...

what do you think?

we were having this debate at work....

i reckon people cheered him at the games because they're taking the piss (which is a little usetting being chinese), but they reckon that people genuinely take to him...

what do you think?

I think when people take the piss in a positive manner, they are genuinely taking to him. He is funny, love the way he laughs after most things and seems to be a good bloke.

HAHA

i love him.. not in a "i want to touch his man boobs and lick his head where his hair receeds" kind of way.... he's like Melbournes answer to good ol Yeltsin!

I believe the best way to sum him up is... "He's human"

As well as a very smart man.

got nothing against him....but really...shouldnt the mayor speak fluent english?

or maybe its just me that thinks that way....

He does speak fluent English, he just has an accent.

Did anyone see that interview with So & Bracks after the games?

Bracks did the "John So is my Bro" line, then put his arm around So's shoulder, Bracks then removed his arm from around So's shoulder, and leaned very casually with his elbow on So's shoulder, then when the press started to address Bracks directly, he proceeded to use his elbow to shove So off to one side.

I'm not a fan of So, but I'm even less of a Bracks fan.

In the spirit of Ted Bullpit, and at risk of being named as a terrorist, SOMEONE SHOULD BLOW ALL THE BLOODY POLITICIANS UP!

WTF is it with this guy, no one has given a rats about the Mayor before, why now? Can someone enlighten me?

I'm not a massive fan, but i just love the way he says Livinia - "Sank you lid bin eeeed ah"

I actaully liked the round of applause that he got for the pure purpose that it would have made poor bracksy jealous :teehee:

I actaully liked the round of applause that he got for the pure purpose that it would have made poor bracksy jealous :D

Yes so funny when not 1 person clapped when they said bracks name!! I am honestly surprised people didnt boo. And as for him being referred to as the "honorable" Bracks was the biggest joke!!

For a guy that speaks broken enrish so's doing a good job.