SAU Community

Cars To Buy On Gt4?

cogs

Hey everyone, just started playing GT4 recently.

I just want to know what cars to look out for and what cars people here have bought.

I got the R32 GTR N1 cause I think it looks the best with the extra vents on the front bar. Are all the N1 versions white?

I bought an R32 GTS-T Type M because I thought it was a special colour (kinda a purply blue) but I think it's just meant to be the factory midnight blue colour.

Also got the R33 V-spec LM edition cause it's a non-factory blue colour (Champion Blue).

Have raced against a Sil-Eighty but havent come across it for sale yet.

Saw a 260RS for sale but didn't buy it and haven't come across it again yet.

I want to get a WRX but I can't decide cause there's so many different versions. Help please?? lol

There's a R34 GTR for sale in Midnight Purple II colour (if you buy it from Nissan Dealer it's MPIII). Looks to have an additional gold and blue pearl through it??

What cars have you bought which you think are worth looking out for? I had a quick look at a car list for GT4 on the net earlier and saw an R32 GTS-4 and a Cefiro, are these cars in the game?

Also what wheels do you guys like putting on your cars?

I've got some black Nismo rims on my N1 R32 GTR and some goldy colour Nismo rims on my R32 GTST. Is there anything the R34 GTR rims look good on in this game?

A sileighty is a "rare" car and is only available on the following days, in the Late 90's Used Car Menu: 106-112, 113-119, 183-189, 358-364, 470-476, 568-574, 582-588, 617-623, 673-679, 687-693.

The stagea is a "standard" car and is available quite often. The used car line up changes every 7 days, so just keep visiting the used car menus and you'll find it again.

There are 2 "rare" WRX cars in the game. One is the Impreza Premium Sports Coupe 22B-STi Version (GC) 1998 available on days: 225-231, 274-280, 295-301, 309-315, 330-336, 351-357, 358-364, 400-406, 491-497, 540-546.

The other Subaru is the Impreza WRX STi Prodrive Style (GD, Type-I) 2001 and it's available on the following days: 64-70, 113-119, 120-126, 155-161, 162-168, 183-189, 351-357, 372-378, 400-406, 449-455, 505-511, 512-518, 568-574, 575-581, 589-595, 631-637, 680-686.

I've never seen a GTS-4 or a Cefiro...has anyone else?

Save your money for 2 Race Cars in days 694-700, the Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car and the Nissan R92CP Race Car -- both are in black and look hot :huh: The downside is that these are over 1,000,000 each...so save up now!!

An easy way to make money is to get your National A Licence and then go to the Special Conditions. The prize car for the Costa di Amalfi track (easy) is the Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car and this is worth 265,000 or so credits. If you do this race over and over and sell the car each time, you can make money fast (make sure you clear your results from the previous race to win the car again, this doesn't affect your win ratio).

I leave the rims as stock, as different rims don't make it go faster :)

Regards,

Karen

I've never seen a GTS-4 or a Cefiro...has anyone else?

nope....

Save your money for 2 Race Cars in days 694-700, the Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car and the Nissan R92CP Race Car -- both are in black and look hot The downside is that these are over 1,000,000 each...so save up now!!

also there is a 787B and Toyota GT1 in black that pops up at the same time.... definitely worth the purchase....

Another good purchase is the tofu delivery SS version AE86... shows up occasionally in the used car lot.

Regarding the sileight will turn up in the used car lot occasionally, but if you can't wait... check out the Silvia sisters race (Nissan manufacturers race)... it's the prize car...

The Suzuki Escudo is a cool car to win as well...it's in the special conditions races... cathedral rock trial 1 Hard race.

oh and the Merc Saber C9 for winning the formula GT is really cool bt hard car to get

Any rex or evo are good cheap fast cars..

R32 GT-R's seem sorta slow for some reason. The developers got alot of things wrong in my opinion. i.e DR30 with 280ps only cutting a low 14 sec 1/4 mile on qualifying tyres :teehee:

Definatly save up the money for the black race cars as mentioned above.. makes that point in the game much easier and is the only time they are available in that color (its a sweeet angry matt black).

Wait for an Autech version Stagea to pop up... And spend money on that instead of the regular one.

The Tofu Trueno is alot of fun... Revs out to 10,000

Best drivers car on the game I reckon is the Powerhouse Amuse S2000 GT-1 or whatever its called(The expensive one) with biggest turbo u can fit and soft tyres.... awesome car.

If you want to set something up for drift start with an s13. Stage 2 turbo(Plus all supporting mods), stage 2 weight, economy road tyres, racing suspension- around 2.8 and 1.8 F/R camber. stabilizers 5. drop it on its nuts. and play around with the spring rates from there.

A second hand wheel shop opens up somewhere along the game.. Give access to some oldschool rims like SSR Longchamps and Black Reverse mesh.

Do the Nurbrgring 24 hour. Or do what i did and lend your PS2 to a friend with no life who can spend 24hours straight racing for you so you can win the F1 car! You can set some times in that that no other cars can come close to.

Edited by Bleach1

You can do the Nurbring 24 Hour races in B Spec mode. Thats what i did, just left it going over night with it on overtake and moderate speed. Then in the morning you wake up and wa la u have a F1 car.

People say you can't drift on GT4. We proved em wrong. If you want to drift the two cars to buy would have to be the HKS genki silvia and the BLITZ R34 GTT from the performance tuners.

I prefer the GTT, just turn oversteer, understeer and TCS off and run sports soft tyres. NOS helps a bit too with both cars. Tune suspension to suit, but the stock settings and lowered are pretty close to ideal for some.

Happy drifting.

PS

Two player drifting is very interesting when you get it right and check out the replay!!

• 2 weeks later...

To win the races against Le Mans cars around that long oval circuit. The Speed Ring or something like that, I use the Audi Nuvolari which reaches a top speed of about 370 and can't be passed by anything. If you slip stream passed someone it can reach about 378 km/h :huh:

To win the races against Le Mans cars around that long oval circuit. The Speed Ring or something like that, I use the Audi Nuvolari which reaches a top speed of about 370 and can't be passed by anything. If you slip stream passed someone it can reach about 378 km/h :angry:

I use the purple and yellow Jag... No down force it purrs around 415-420

Escudo would hit 450 I think in GT2.. :D

My quickest 1/4 mile car is the old Lancia Delta rally car lol.. 8.8xx I think off the top of my head

I use the purple and yellow Jag... No down force it purrs around 415-420

Thats not the XJR9?, which is purple and yellow but not that fast. I only just got the XJR9 also.

And I was mistaken, the Nuvolari does 378km/h and can reach 392km/h in a slipstream.

Thats not the XJR9?, which is purple and yellow but not that fast. I only just got the XJR9 also.

And I was mistaken, the Nuvolari does 378km/h and can reach 392km/h in a slipstream.

Yeah its that car... with the biggest turbo and some tinkering :sorcerer: