SAU Community

Fatz Mobile Hits The Rollers Witha Few Dramas

fatz

Right

the short story

rb26 det (ford xr6t) 1 bar of boost 291rwkw (stock injectros)ill put up the graph but full boost at 4k

unblivebly drivable and im very happy

read the story below if you want teh ful story as why the big injectors didnt go in

adam say with 20psi and the bigger injectors should cruze 330-340rwkw but i must say im happy with it for the moment. he also said it should do a low 11 or a high ten so now i can officially be a massive wanker and say in all my post 10 second potential..... lol.... even though ive never ever been to a drag strip

Here is the rap for Adam at JEM now….. we dropped the car of at 5pm he quoted for 2 hours on the dyno) in the end we left at 3am in the morning with a car that was just shockingly fast (and the sound is awesome) total price was 200 bux more that the initial quote. Adam when so far beyond what a workshop I would consider even remotely reasonable. Great to chat to and a good bloke. If first impressions are anything to go by the dude is a champion and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to everyone in Australia

If you need your car tune he is the man and I must say I never though my car could go that fast on a safe tune at 15psi

Long Story

Ill give ya the full run down this is a 10 hours dyno story of mystery... smoke and mirror. Tits. Booze women and 4 hairy block with huge donggas.

First up a massive plug for Adam at just engine management JEM (I cannot begin to tell you haw far ken good this dude is he stayed up till 3am with us and sorted all the issues)

Right I got there at 6pm last night to find Chris who had put the 660 cc injectors into the beast and the rb25 airflow meters on first start up with a miss in two cylinders

Right so after 20 checks we decided that obviously 2 injector were crapped because the when we put the stock ones in the car ran fine.

So that brings us to 8pm put the car on the dyno attach all the stuff boost fuel pressure adjust the timing ECT

Turn the car on suddenly we realise something is amiss because the fuel pressure reg (which is adjustable) the lowest adjustment we could get was 100 psi so we tested it in front of the reg and behind the reg and deduced that there must be a blockage \in the return to the tank. Turned out to be on of the surge tank fuel lines was kinked (the return one)

So that was fixed

Now was about 9pm anyway Adam ripped it up on the dyno and the car made 240rwkw at 7psi nice but up to it just wanted more fuel and the fuel pressure gauge said the bosh pump was running out of flow or just shagging out so we tested the wiring and had a good earth and good positive anyway we replaced the pump and same dram and she was apples so then we tested the fuel filter every sign line form the surge tank to anywhere for a blockage

We even hard wired the positive onto the pump no luck

In the end we tried the in tank pump and she was good for pressure so we nutted out it was either the wiring on the external pump or by a freak coincidence two dead pump

So next we wired up the pump straight (positive and negative) to the battery with a switch

So final call was the earth from the computer which runs on a relay was shagging out or the power source from the wiring was breaking down under high load

Yea baby full pressure any way in the end because it was 3am and the tune had just finished and we only worked out the problem we only tuned the stock injectors 300rwkw and pulled it back to be safe to 291rwkw at 15psi.

The car used to run 280 rwkw (in tank pump) and was fast

Now the car at 291rwkw is just far ken amazing all boost is in at 4k the power is just crazy it makes 230+rwkw from 4k onwards

It’s got so much grunt it’s almost scary to drive

Here is the rap for Adam at JEM now….. we dropped the car of at 5pm he quoted for 2 hours on the dyno) in the end we left at 3am in the morning with a car that was just shockingly fast (and the sound is awesome) total price was 200 bux more that the initial quote. Adam when so far beyond what a workshop I would consider even remotely reasonable. Great to chat to and a good bloke. If first impressions are anything to go by the dude is a champion and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to everyone in Australia

If you need your car tune he is the man and I must say I never though my car could go that fast on a safe tune at 15psi

That’s my story

No vids of burnouts cause we left at 4am and I couldn’t be farked although in third when it comes on boost i does pull a mean high speed skid

Edited by fatz

yea i was hopping for 2nds so im happy

yea in the 31

shame we didnt have time to tune it with the 660cc injectors cause then we could have had some arse puckering power

havent event touched the cam gears yet either(rather spend time adjusting the pro lojics in the sound system)

I've honestly never read anything so entertaining... never thought you could have an orgazm whilst writing about a dyno tune but now I've seen it!!!

I WANT ONE TOO!!!!!!

Congrats man, thats sweet....The more High HP R31's the better!!

Just got 425hp out of the 31 but full boost is not till 7000. 4000 is insane. It truly is Godzilla's daddy!!

G

Edited by GT-PASSAGE