SAU Community

Trust turbo's

rob77

No it needs a manifold change but the STD one is total crap

any way. The turbo is a PER4MANZ design so the model

numbers are not important. This turbo has made 620RWHP

on a GTR with no more lag than STD GTR turbos.

Cost is about $6000 inc Turbo-gate-manifold and fitting,

and wont have the thrust wear problems that the

trust turbo has.

Any Turbo that uses the nasty RB25 manifold in a high power

application must be avoided, only good for mild power out

put.

Rob,

I agree with Steve, the stock exhaust manifold design is dreadful, and whatever turbo you put on this should be removed. Plus if you want decent power then an external wastegate is the only way to go, most turbo's over 400hp only come in an external wastegate format.

See'ya:burnout:

Maybe you should do a bit more research on these cause they are so different...

Trust turbos as well as any other come in various sizes trims hp ratings, Rob a TD06 on your car may be a bit laggy, depending on exhaust size.

Ex wastegate New manifold Dump, intake pipes, new oil and water lines

hhmm...heaps of easier options mate

It's not a cheap exercise by the time your finished, and determining the effect of the turbo on the car can be quite difficult. The best option is to get taken for a drive in a similar car to yours with the turbo done, then you can determin whether it is too laggy, enought power etc.

See'ya:burnout:

Arnt garrett shit turbo's? The garrett gt3037 is nowhere near the same flow or HP properties as the HKS GT3037. I know garrett make HKS turbo's, but they have different comp housings and AR ratios dont they? How much is a brand new GT3037?

HKS get the turbos from garret.

HKS have their own build spec. combo's that they put together from Garret parts.

These are what HKS believe offer the best performance for what ever goal HKS had in mind.

The same goals they have may not be yours however. So a turbo builder that has been around a while may have more to offer you in terms of a purpose built turbo for your needs.

Originally posted by rob77

So what turbo have you got macka? and what are you doing paul? when will you have new turbo?

Ive put a T4 compressor and wheel on the original R33 Original Ex housing with a T4 wheel

However still playing with it as i need a different comp wheel for smooth driveability and an external wastegate

Ill get there in 1 day

My opinion is the HKS have newer technological efficient turbos which spool perhaps slightly quicker due to design to wheels.

I would Jump at the chance however to own a Ballbearing GT series Garrett turbo and still get full spool by under 3500rpm