SAU Community

Thermo Fan?

Hi all..

I'm currently trying to fit a front mount intercooler to my R33 with the standard series 1 front bar. I'm getting there but I think I'm going to have to take the thermo fan out to fit it in...

Does anybody know how much these things kick in and will my engine run cool enough without it?

I think it should be ok but just want to see if anybody has taken theirs off??

no dont take it off...

you need it for when you use the aircon and also i think it comes on when the coolant temp get a bit high e.g. in traffic...

if you dont have it there you WILL have overheating issues with the aircon...

Edited by joh21m

Thanks...

Bugger... looks like I may have to invest in another front bar.... unless anyone thinks it's possible to fit the intercooler as is??

get an aftermarket slimline thermo? i thought that was a common thing to do to fit coolers?

I've fitted a FMIC behind my standard series 1 front bar with out having to buy a new fan. Just needed to shave a little bit off the back of the fan to get it to fit.

That's all good mate but how big was your intercooler? mines huge and I've looked at it and can't see how I can fit this thing!!!!

Is it possible to cut the steel part where the front bar goes....? across the front? Or is that a load bearing part of the car...?

That's all good mate but how big was your intercooler? mines huge and I've looked at it and can't see how I can fit this thing!!!!

Thats means it is probably too big dude.

The bigger the cooler, the more un-responsive the car will be in a street application