SAU Community

Wakefield 15th April

A few of the Valvebounce guys are heading out for some much needed practise (I haven't been since last year). Anyone keen to head out? There will be a few HSV's coming up with us so a perfect opportunity to show them up (I will be :D ). More than that its a great way to learn more about your driving ability and what your vehicle is capable of!

Sat 15 Apr, 2006 Open Practice/Speed off the Street Sessions - Cars Only

Details are:

Just bring yourself and your road car/bike, and for just $90 per day you can experience what it's like to Drive/Ride around a race track. Drivers need to wear appropriate attire:

* Approved road use helmet (also available for hire at track)

* Neck-to-wrist-to-ankle clothing protection (could be long sleeve shirt and long pants)

* Closed in shoes (cover ankle to toe)

During the lunch break at every No Speed Limit Day, the V8 Challenge cars are available for Drives or Rides to anyone wanting to experience a Drive or Ride in a V8 Racecar.

* NO SPEED LIMIT DAYS

o Drive your own street car $90.00 per day

o Wakefield Park licence $40.00 (annually)

o Helmet hire available for $20 per day with a $50 Deposit

* CAFÉ OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i should be able to go. am about to do my suspension (finally!!!). so it'd be a great time to test the new gear. and its on a weekend which is good. (Easter? who cares!)

Are pulsars invited.. :yes:

Yep whatever you like. Last time I went out there were a fair few Pulsars out there ripping it up and having a ball.

Be good to see some Skylines out there and feel free to come and spectate it won't cost you anything. Don't worry too much about having it up to track spec, I still run standard shocks and brakes (with good pads :) ) and only put out 185rwkw.

Should be a good one as its starting to cool down a little now so its easier on the cars (especially turbos).

I run semis. Either my old Bridgestone RE540s or my new Toyo R888s. Both are pretty good on the track. The best I have tested so far are the Bridgestone RE55s though the Toyos aren't far behind. Falken also have a new tyre out but it had want to be alot better than the old RT215s. Semis arent really required but make a good couple of seconds difference.

Have been talking to Kris about another dyno day in May. Waiting to see what timeframe he has on getting the S15 back in action.

im probably going to buy some falken semi-slicks cause i can get them cheap. i've heard these new one's are supposed to be pretty good.....

what time is the event ment to begin? is anyone cruising up as a group? i'd imagine the valvebounce boys would be....

im probably going to buy some falken semi-slicks cause i can get them cheap. i've heard these new one's are supposed to be pretty good.....

what time is the event ment to begin? is anyone cruising up as a group? i'd imagine the valvebounce boys would be....

I think you meant to say Federals Luke :thumbsup:

I wont be coming anymore, I just realised that is the weekend that I start the first step of major modding to the 32.... And 4 days to work on it is to good to waste.

But once its done and Im fairly happy with it, its definatly going on the track!

Nice one! You can rock up whenever you like but I like to get there early so I can set up, i.e. get all the crap out of the car, set the tyres up etc. We will probably all cruise up so feel free to join us, will post up meet time closer to the date.

Just thought I would add, one of the fellas in the club has been contacted by Wakefield and this Thursday (the initial date) they are attempting to boost numbers and will have a film crew out there.

For those interested in going the cost of day (6th) will be huge fat $0 but you will need to let me know asap so I can put your name down. I will be heading out on the 6th AND again on the 15th. You will need to have a Wakefield Park License.

Found out some more info. The film crew are from today tonight doing a story on "Young drivers and the need for speed". I am one who cannot stand the stories but hopefully this will be a positive story... heres hoping.