SAU Community

Bathurst Video

Guest Mashrock

Guys do you know nothing of the all mighty at the famous mountain.

The fans were booing because the race was rained out and many cars crashed at the top of the mountain leading onto conrod straight, the gtr being one, so the officials went the the last lap before it was flash flooding being 2 laps prior when the (Gentleman Jim Richards and Mark Skaife) GTR was in the lead so they handed the honour to them. So the moron Holden wankers booed, and Jim wasnt impressed with the quote "Pack of arsholes".

By the way I didnt downlaod the link. Just assuming the race you guys are talking about.

The GTR was and still is the king of the mountain, The lap record still being in the possesion of Mark Skaife in the r32gtr.

I just wish I was old enough when the GTR's were racing. I was 8-9... :P

http://www.xenware.net/mountpanorama/?id=1421

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup still working, just right-click and choose save-as dont try and play it directly from the download link.

thanks benm, downloaded ok. but now it seems to play but there's no picture. anyone got any ideas?

cheers

hmmm...when I must have been 6 or maybe a bit older.. maybe younger.. I remember for christmas I got the bathurst slot car set. Only when I started getting into skylines (about 15 years old ) did it dawn on me that I had those little beasts all along haha.. It came with the r32 brock GTR and another GTR no idea who drives it though.. In my stupidity I coloured in the brock one black.. :thumbsup: Might have to wip out the metho sometime soon hehe.. It's good fun though setting up the old slot car track and hittin the mountain with the GTR's all the power in my hand haha

Guys do you know nothing of the all mighty at the famous mountain.

The fans were booing because the race was rained out and many cars crashed at the top of the mountain leading onto conrod straight, the gtr being one, so the officials went the the last lap before it was flash flooding being 2 laps prior when the (Gentleman Jim Richards and Mark Skaife) GTR was in the lead so they handed the honour to them. So the moron Holden wankers booed, and Jim wasnt impressed with the quote "Pack of arsholes".

By the way I didnt downlaod the link. Just assuming the race you guys are talking about.

The GTR was and still is the king of the mountain, The lap record still being in the possesion of Mark Skaife in the r32gtr.

I just wish I was old enough when the GTR's were racing. I was 8-9... :thumbsup:

http://www.xenware.net/mountpanorama/?id=1421

You assumed wrong. This is the 91 Bathurst where the GTR was the first car to cross the line no ifs no buts in a record time of 6hrs 19 min. The crowd was booing because they are ghey and did not like the fact that the GTR won. The pack of assholes was 92....the GTR also ran at the mountain in 1990 but broke down when in the lead :O

And it is the race record not the lap record that is held by the GTR

The 91 GTR ran a 2m 12s lap to get pole

Lowndes ran a 2m 8.59 lap for pole last year

The 91 GTR would not have been in the top 10 shoot out last year. The main reason it holds the race record is that the rules regarding yellow flags have changed and the safety car has been introduced since that time...all of wich means the GTR will probably hold the race record for a long time to come

So there you have it kids, it appears that the oracle of all things on "the all mighty at the famous mountain" could stand to learn a little :D

You dont have the right codec installed to view the video, it can be downloaded from

www.codec.com

Thanks, tried that but can't find a website - just says 'not found'. Nothing on Google either. Any idea what programme is uses?

Cheers

You assumed wrong. This is the 91 Bathurst where the GTR was the first car to cross the line no ifs no buts in a record time of 6hrs 19 min. The crowd was booing because they are ghey and did not like the fact that the GTR won. The pack of assholes was 92....the GTR also ran at the mountain in 1990 but broke down when in the lead :(

And it is the race record not the lap record that is held by the GTR

The 91 GTR ran a 2m 12s lap to get pole

Lowndes ran a 2m 8.59 lap for pole last year

The 91 GTR would not have been in the top 10 shoot out last year. The main reason it holds the race record is that the rules regarding yellow flags have changed and the safety car has been introduced since that time...all of wich means the GTR will probably hold the race record for a long time to come

So there you have it kids, it appears that the oracle of all things on "the all mighty at the famous mountain" could stand to learn a little :ermm:

LOL you sound like my girlfriend, im never right...

I still cant get it do download to verify.

I have sat in Jims car so there.... :D

Im taking my bat and ball and going home...

Guest Mashrock
Ahh nice

remeber watching this live back then.

The sierra'a sound awesome on the in cam cams.

Whats Darren Hinch doing on the Podium at the end?

thats darren? i thought it kinda looked like him but wasnt too sure.

i would really like to take a ride in one of them dick johnson sierra's apparently the fastest sierra's of their day and time. and perhaps still the goods.

Ahh nice

remeber watching this live back then.

The sierra'a sound awesome on the in cam cams.

Whats Darren Hinch doing on the Podium at the end?

They also have some fully sick flutter going on too! Had a look at one of these in tha bathurst museum....any one seen the size ot the turbo on these things :P

hmmm...when I must have been 6 or maybe a bit older.. maybe younger.. I remember for christmas I got the bathurst slot car set. Only when I started getting into skylines (about 15 years old ) did it dawn on me that I had those little beasts all along haha.. It came with the r32 brock GTR and another GTR no idea who drives it though.. In my stupidity I coloured in the brock one black.. :thumbsup: Might have to wip out the metho sometime soon hehe.. It's good fun though setting up the old slot car track and hittin the mountain with the GTR's all the power in my hand haha

i am no authority on aus racing GTRs but i'm pretty sure brock never raced in one. I think you may have yourself a brock commodore... now painted black.

i am no authority on aus racing GTRs but i'm pretty sure brock never raced in one. I think you may have yourself a brock commodore... now painted black.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing! He did drive a seirra in 1990 though after the fallout with HDT over the infamous brock polariser!!! So maybe that is what was part of the set?? I could look kind of like a GTR....maybe :