SAU Community

Skyline Plenums And Cnc Throttle Bodies.

GTRNUR

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The group buy was a complete failure as nobody came thru with the cash.

Afraid I ended up ordering one only... for my car for starters. I will be ordering about $10K in stock for my new business around the end of the year, at which time i'll register as a trader on SAU and advertise the plenums again.

Before... dodgy temporary plumbing after installing my high mount and FMIC.

IMG_1436.jpg

And after.... isn't it beautiful! :whistling:

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

Each intake runner has a 2 1/2" velocity stack that is match ported to the intake runner. Each stack is tapered at the top and narrows to 50mm where it then tapers further to the standard intake port shape.

No leaks or problems and I'm running 20lb so far.

No dyno data yet tho, but I have just fitted a Nismo twin plate clutch and will have a 1/4 mile time slip after this weekend. I'm expecting mid to low 12's. The car is a GTS4 with gtr gearbox, 8" gtr rims. garrett GT25bb400 (0.64 turbine) turbo, 600x300x76 front mount IC, 20lb boost with a 5000 RPM antilag launch should do the trick.

I'll be sure to post the time slip. I'll be doing a dyno run after the drag event too, as i've yet to tune the top end of my ignition map properly for optimal power. There isn't time to do that this week tho unfortunatly...

Edited by GTST4Newbie

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry nothing to report... I did go racing and managed a 13.8 at 116mph but had all kinds of problems launching the car. I'd had the twin plate clutch in the car 6 days and hadn't practiced any launches in the dry. It had been raining all week in Cairns. I only got three runs in and then the fuel pump died and that was the end of my night.

I drive the car every day for work now and its proven to be reliable, after replacing the pump that is...

I intend on doing a dyno run in a few weeks, but work has been crazy busy lately and I havn't had the chance to take the time off to get it done during the day. I'll post something up when I get a chance...

Cheers.

Ian

Edited by GTST4Newbie

• 1 month later...

Here's a preview of what the car can do now. This is a 4500 rpm launch with 15lb boost on anti-lag. After the launch it switches to high boost (20lb), but unfortunatly blew a hose before I shifted to 2nd.

I'm guessing the power figure is anywhere between 330 and 360hp at the wheels. Anyone else want to take a guess?

Still trying for dyno time either late tomorrow of friday.

http://www.cairns.net.au/~vwturbo/linkdpics/Video3.avi

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by GTST4Newbie

Here's a preview of what the car can do now. This is a 4500 rpm launch with 15lb boost on anti-lag. After the launch it switches to high boost (20lb), but unfortunatly blew a hose before I shifted to 2nd.

I'm guessing the power figure is anywhere between 330 and 360hp at the wheels. Anyone else want to take a guess?

Still trying for dyno time either late tomorrow of friday.

http://www.cairns.net.au/~vwturbo/linkdpics/Video3.avi

Cheers,

Ian

i think thats the wrong vid. some red piece.

• 2 weeks later...

This RB20 would need serious Anti-Lag with that Turbo and the short runner manifold!

I would be interested in the boost/RPM response as it would not be too good on the street.

Serious RWHP though! Awesome thru all four :O

Well I did the dyno run and the engine made 205rwkw at 7000 rpm.

I didn't take it any further than that as something was going wrong with ignition on the day. Turns out my plugs were screwed, and I should have replaced them prior to going to the dyno shop. New plugs are BCPR7ES's if anyone was curious...

Im also very interested in this manifold. On a side note though... What are u using for anti-lag?

The anti-lag system uses a combination of an auxilary output on the wolf ecu, an input switch and a 2 step rev limitor.

The AUX 2 output on my Wolf ecu turns a relay on at 4250 RPM AND when the accelerator position is at 100% open. Call that the arming relay. That relay switches a ground signal through to the second enable switch that is mounted on the steering wheel (tho i intend to move that to the gear shifter soon, because it will make launching the car easier). When the second enable switch is triggered four things happen all at once.

1. the ground signal switchs on the 2 step rev limitor to lock rpm's from exceeding 4500 with the MSD DIS4.

2. the ground signal also goes back into the Wolf ECU's Aux input 1...

3. the wolf ECU uses the ground input signal from AUX1 to retard the ignition timing 45 degrees on the current ignition map point, and add 12% more fuel.

4. the boost control solenoid boost signal is altered by the input from AUX1 also, which allows the preset launch boost to be programmed.

The effect is that with the button pressed on and you floor it, revs instantly go to 4250, and the relay switches on. Fuel is added and ignition is retarded. The engine then very slowly increases RPM to 4500 rpm but within a few seconds its pumping in the pre-set boost level as well. Once RPM hits 4500 the engine will begin backfiring as unburnt fuel burns in the exahust as the ignition cut rev limitor kicks in.

The moment you let go of that button boost levels and fuel + ignition levels return to normal for that load point, which means in my case at 4500 rpm i'd have about 200-220 awhp on tap instantly. Provided I let up the clutch and let go of the button at the same time the car launches pretty well.

So well i've broken all my rear cradle bushes, and 1/2 the front suspension bushes as well. The car is going to pedders next week for a full suspension refit and upgrade costing a bit under $2K.

This RB20 would need serious Anti-Lag with that Turbo and the short runner manifold!

I would be interested in the boost/RPM response as it would not be too good on the street.

Serious RWHP though! Awesome thru all four :)

Without anti-lag driving normally it starts making positive pressure around 3000 rpm. Its making 15lb by 3800 usually and always at full boost by 4000-4200 rpm depending on the gear.

My plenum will be for sale soon though, as my new RB25DET engine will be going in the car soon and it will have a greddy plenum on it. The RB20DET is going to be sold for parts as cylinder 5 is slightly low on compression compared to the others and I cant sell it in good concious.

The off boost torque is better than it was from factory (i think...). The car never ran right when I got it as it had a dead coil pack when it warmed up. I've re-tuned the car for 98 octane and run a pretty agressive ignition timing curve so although its obvious its still a 2 lt your driving, its not unbearable.

Also, thanks to the mods too for deleting the crap posts from this thread by a user that will go un-named.

Cheers,

Ian

• 2 weeks later...