SAU Community

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

+2 for this.. Someones gotta know.

im leaning towards Yes. bolt on parts are all the same. only difference i can think would be in the HICAS being electronic.

i have a r33 diff ready to go into my r32.

since i havent put it in yet, i am not 100% sure about this but this is what ive done so far

swap the backing plate off the r32 diff (4 bolt cover) onto the r33 diff. the r33 diff has a 2 bolt backing plate which wont fit your r32 subframe.

the front two diff bolt loops (near the main driveshaft) are a lot larger on the r33 diff. so you will need some bushings and longer bolts to accommodate the bushings to fit the r32 subframe.

other than that i think it should fit

they are both r200 diffs and should both have the 5x1 bolt axle pattern.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

sorry for revitalizing this topic.

There is someone who wants to swap his R33 2way diff with my r32 OEM diff. Will it fit plug and play? I read the posts above but I'm not 100 % sure about clip14s post. Do I have to switsh the whole diff, with back plates etc. or is there a possibility just to fit the inner part of the diff into the housing?

For example putting this :

KAAZ-Toyota-2-way-LSD-DAT3020_1312.jpg

into this :

truck-differential.jpg

(Those are just example pictures to show you guys what I mean)

I hope you can help me out.

Cheers Dom

Crown wheel bolts are bigger diameter on the R33gtst diff. (Crown wheel has to stay with the housing because it matches the pinion gear, R32gtst and R33gtst are different ratios)

the centres are the same...

i have put two r33 gtst diff centres into my r32 gtst r200 diff housing..

r33 housings are heaps different then r32 housings.

u need to use ur half shalfts from your r32 diff also, as r33 are 6 bolt from memory?

Don't think 33gtst is 6 bolt.. GTR is 6 bolt and S13 is also 6 bolt but in a 3x2 config.

I'm also pretty sure that R33 crown wheel bolts are 12mm where R32 is 10mm. Which is why I ended up going for an S13 centre.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't think 33gtst is 6 bolt.. GTR is 6 bolt and S13 is also 6 bolt but in a 3x2 config.

I'm also pretty sure that R33 crown wheel bolts are 12mm where R32 is 10mm. Which is why I ended up going for an S13 centre.

wont matter what size the crown wheel bolts are if you are replacing the whole diff centre

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this, once again.

I have read the above, but just want to be clear.

I am looking to fit a r33 tomei 2 way diff centre into my r32 gtst.

Is this possible and will I need anything extra?

• 1 month later...

crown wheel and pinion are matched. you are not meant to put and existing center ( with a random crown gear) into a different housing because the pinion and the crown wheel wont be a matched pair. u can swap pinion drive if u like but u need a press.

running unmatched crown and pinion can cause them to eat the case hardening off each other and at the least be noisy.

the 32 subframe accepts the 4 bolt housing cover from the r32 r200 diff

the 33 r200 diff has a 2 bolt housing cover to suit the r33 subframe.

• 1 month later...