SAU Community

R33 Thermostat

Guest RedLineGTR

Guest RedLineGTR

Can anyone tell me where it is on an r33 series 1 skyline (R33 Thermostat), any photos, and tell me how to change it over and what type i should replace it with.

Inf o asap would be good.

Thanks ROb

Guy's follow the bottom radiator hose up to where it joins the motor,,,thats the stat cover,,,3 bolts from memory.

The stat is the same as a VL 3.0L,,,Nissan Part No is 21200-42L05 and it fits all R33's.

Neil.

hungry6,,,what the hell is a hi flo VL one????. Standard Nissan Stat temp is 76.5,,,thats way cool. My needle never moves,,,it's sits just a smidge below half.

Neil.

• 6 years later...

ok guys, there are a few things to know here:

firstly for the money and time saving just get a genuine nissan one from nissan parts. they are around $50-60.

second, if you want a 'tridon' one...the part number is TT268-170. this is the 77deg one. there is an 85 deg one...dont get this!

lastly if you want to waste money, get the nismo one but these are over $100 if not closer to $150 and open at 67 or so deg.

you will also need gasket goo for this as there is not a norml gasket there. i use the blue stuff...works perfect!

bellow i attached instructions from the RB engine manual.

view order 3 then 1 then 2. (sorry i didnt rename)

as the above people have said use either the tridon or stnd nissan one.

tridon will set you back about $28 and its one of the good cheapies.

make sure the jiggle pin is pointing to the top of the motor.

for gasket sealent i recomend a product from loctight.

Its a silicone based gasket goo, its loctight blue something or other.

It's the ducks nuts, will come in handy down the track to.

let us know how you go.

post-55273-1242824646_thumb.jpg

post-55273-1242824666_thumb.jpg

post-55273-1242824704_thumb.jpg

was reading a thread recently and a workshop operator said he'd been through a bunch of tridon thermostats that were crap, and caused problems.

just use the nissan one. also there is no reason to use a lower temperature it will NOT help you, it just means your car won't get up to temp and you'll lose fuel efficiency.

• 2 years later...

hi guys on my r33 gtst 1993 it has a braided cable that runs down threw the chassis and comes out next to the exhaust, and theres something that attaches to that which im not sure what it is or where to get another one because i scraped going over a speed hump and its pulled it out and stuffed it and i think its shorting out, my thermostat light is staying on and check engine also comes on itermitently. Any help on where i can get another one of these, and or what it is would be good cheers

• 2 years later...
hi guys on my r33 gtst 1993 it has a braided cable that runs down threw the chassis and comes out next to the exhaust, and theres something that attaches to that which im not sure what it is or where to get another one because i scraped going over a speed hump and its pulled it out and stuffed it and i think its shorting out, my thermostat light is staying on and check engine also comes on itermitently. Any help on where i can get another one of these, and or what it is would be good cheers

Disconnect it, it's useless. Pull out your passenger seat and delete that sensor