SAU Community

Where To Get Hks Hypermax-ii Rebuilt?

Steg33

Just another suspension problem but posting it here as i'm looking for somewhere in Vic (preferably Melb west) to get HKS Hypermax-II coilovers rebuilt. The front ones are starting to weep oil and one is making the dreaded knocking sound over small bumps. :P

I've done the usual searches but there's nothing about getting them rebuilt locally.

Does anyone know of any places around here and a rough cost?

not that it helps too much but i was told that the only place that fixes aftermarket suspension in Aust is a place in Qld

I think this is the place you're talking about:

http://www.shockreco.com.au/

I found it in a search earlier but was trying to look for a similar place locally to save on delivery times and stuffing around. If the one mentioned in Thomastown doesn't do me any good then might be safest to go with the QLD one as the post said they were only $150 each to rebuld which isn't too bad considering what a replacement would cost.

i been to Centre line heaps of times, i wouldn't expect that they can help you fix it, but they could sure as hell point you in the right direction as was said

btw steer clear of those bikies next door... they're fcukin crazy mofo's

Pedders fix JIC's so maybe a trip to those MOFO's would be worth a shot?

Aparently they can rebuid the valving to suit aussie conditions too.....

Granted I agree their off the shelf stuff is utter crap comapred to good jap adjustables IE your gear, but spend money there and youll get a good product

my 2 cents if its worth anything. Failing that speak to quadrant in Berwick, they are good blokes and deal in bilstein suspension, might be able to help or direct you

cheers Jez