SAU Community

Modified Or Aftermarket Plenums?

VLT020

hey.

i have had my plenum on my RB20DET modified to relocate the throttle body from the side to the front.

at the front of the plenem there used to be the coolant lines goin to it and a few others.

now where should i hook up these coolant lines? should i block em off or put a T-piece and join the three together?

them vacum for the pressure reg i presume just get from anywhere on plenum.

the oil breather one is taken care of via catch can.

ive included a few pics of my setup and a standard so you know what im on about.

any help would be great.

cheers

post-25760-1144565792.jpg post-25760-1144565234.jpg post-25760-1144565358.jpg

Edited by VLT020

That 10mm bolt that isnt there anymore is used to bleed the air out of the cooling system, maybe making up a....... um how do i explain it..... water tank that the lines will run into with a cap or bleeder on top so you can still bleed the system might be the best bet.

im gussing the RB20 has the water feed through the throttle body like the R33 .. what did they do with that?

i have the plazmaman planum and there is no bleed for the radiator... just have to be patient on bleeding the radiator manualy via the turbo water feed, or the rad cap.

im gussing the RB20 has the water feed through the throttle body like the R33 .. what did they do with that?

i have the plazmaman planum and there is no bleed for the radiator... just have to be patient on bleeding the radiator manualy via the turbo water feed, or the rad cap.

i got plazmaman plenum too. awesome gear!

don't forget if you block that water line off where it goes too after the throttlebody!!! it feeds your turbo!

id personally block the throttlebody off and run a fresh line to the turbo. Im getting a header tank and doing away with the bleed on mine.

Edited by PHaT MR30

don't forget if you block that water line off where it goes too after the throttlebody!!! it feeds your turbo!

id personally block the throttlebody off and run a fresh line to the turbo. Im getting a header tank and doing away with the bleed on mine.

You sure about this one ?? I have the line blocked off for my throttle body and the turbo still gets water. Doesnt the turbo line feed from the back of the plenum ?? and then back into the side of the block ?