SAU Community

You Guys Might Have Some Competition Soon!

Just giving you a heads up :P

I've just finished my application for the Legnum VR-4 (EC5W) and their Galant sedan counterparts to be approved for import under the SEVS regulations. Should have an answer in a month or so. They're coming to get ya'!

N-LEGNUM4.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...but can you fit a mountain bike in the back lying down? :P

does look quite nice though. i like the front end. what kind of power do these things make? ...4wd im assuming?

Just giving you a heads up :P

I've just finished my application for the Legnum VR-4 (EC5W) and their Galant sedan counterparts to be approved for import under the SEVS regulations. Should have an answer in a month or so. They're coming to get ya'!

N-LEGNUM4.jpg

lol. only way that could keep up with a double unicorn would be if you had twin ramjets in the roof locker.

hahahahahahaha.

I woulnt compare the legnum with anything other than the 260rs, the whole twin turbo thing has to vs nissan twin turbo power.

A legnum is a twin turbo (3000GT engine), 4wd manual wagon thing :wub:

I wouldnt give up the availability of parts for the nissan over the legnum, as the legnum wouldnt have any SK group buys or anything :P

lol - look at them all jump in to defend!

I used to own an EC5A Galant VR-4, as far as I know the only on in Oz. Now resides in Sydney. Mine was manual with Active Yaw Control, which is a very rare combo, even in Japan. I brought mine back with me from Japan.

They're 2.5V6 twin turbo, 206kW. I think you could probably dust an RS-Four in one, but not a chance against a 260RS - with the factory exhaust, the small turbos on the Legnum mean it runs out of puff at the top end, although the engine is a really free revver.

Parts were a real pain, I got mine from Mitsubishi NZ with only a 2-3 day wait if it was urgent. Guys at Auckland Mistubishi were legends. Not many people mod them, which makes power up stuff hard to come by.

I love Stageas, but for similar money, I'd probably take a Legnum (although I'll reserve my judgment till next week, ok [ STAGEN ]??). Interior is really nicely done - all quality materials inside.

Ooh nice. From what I can tell though, Legnums are harder to find in manual though.

You guys are right on the parts front though - so much bolt on Skyline gear that you have.

I think simplicity is sometimes better.. The single turbo setup of the RB25 is much cheaper to modify than that of a Legnum..

Decisions decisions now... I prefer the look of Legnums, but parts are still an issue. There's a guy in Hong Kong with an Evo 8 4G63 in a Legnum - making big power too apparently!

oh dont get me wrong, beautiful cars. Ill definatly consider owning one some time down the track, but for the money, id just get a 260rs.

There has got to be another wagon out there to rival it?

Hmm, I know what ill get when i can, AMG E55 Estate version. That will be the king of the road :(

Looks nice, would i be right in saying the S2 stagea has around 206kw aswell?

Theres just no comparison between a Mitubishi and a Nissan :(

Edited by beastien

Just giving you a heads up :(

N-LEGNUM4.jpg

B*st*rd

LOL fair 'enough

Nice looking wagon..............

although I'll reserve my judgment till next week, ok [ STAGEN ]??

*runs out to clean the car*

You'll have to come back and drive it again in bout 3months ... then see which you'll prefer!! :(

Another hot wagon is the Toyota Caldina ... would be a good comparison between the three makes l reckon!!!