SAU Community

Ive Always Liked This Car...

They are stainless still and aren't painted.

The dude that made it is a douche. He has been in so many failed car making projects. He really needs to give up, I mean the guy hasn't contributed anything to the automotive world but he manages to find work or inverstors and makes crap cars like De'loreans.

They are stainless still and aren't painted.

The dude that made it is a douche. He has been in so many failed car making projects. He really needs to give up, I mean the guy hasn't contributed anything to the automotive world but he manages to find work or inverstors and makes crap cars like De'loreans.

I think you'll find that he 'gave up' a year or so ago...

I had alook into these a while back and was not impressed by the overall concept.

They are an 80s car with all the imperfections of that era, theres a mob in the US that can offer any type you want from basic stock to fully stripped and improved everything that is know to go wrong.

The only thing they have going for them is they are rare and collectable, I dont think they would loose value now.

One of the biggest drawbacks are the stainless body panels, as the repair of them is nigh impossible to get that straight look again and is cheaper to buy new panel even at todays prices, or paint the whole thing, which is an effort if you have ever tried to paint stainless properly.

Delaoreans were meant to be like proper supercars.. but they ended up with a V6 and a f**king heavy body :S think about it, how would you get out of the car if you flipped it?

if you managed to flip a 2 tonne car i dont think you'll be getting out of it.

I remember when these were first released, delorean had a lot of car makers running scared with his ideas.

"A car that could last a man a lifetime", imagine that!!, great for the environment, not a bad idea...especially in the disposable 1980's. Add some rumoured industrial espionage and it's a very interesting history for a very interesting car.

It's a shame that manufacturing costs and the price tag were so prohibitive.

@ 55k it's a worthy investment and at when peak oil hits us at least you'd have something with a decent scrap value :bunny:

Oh and sif paint stainless.....just hit it with the buff, beautiful.

Id sooner spend 55 grand on russian mail order brides and buff them befor i bought this heap of crap.

Stailess steel! f**ks sake, does it come with a sink in the boot and a chopping block?

• 2 weeks later...
Stailess steel! f**ks sake, does it come with a sink in the boot and a chopping block?

Nope doesn't come with either of those...nor does it come with rust...ever

It's little wonder the big three made sure he failed.