SAU Community

Need Help With My Lights!

hey, i need help with my lights and i dont know what's wrong with it. The initial lighting, wen u first turn the switch the lights that are supposed to light on arent turning on this includes the brake lights, lights on the dash, and parker lights etc. Not sure whats going on so PLEASE HELP!

ive checked the fuses found one is busted which was 15a, ive replaced it but still doesnt solve the problem please need help coz not even my taillight is working which is important

similar problem to me dude, posted on maintanence forums, ask you the same question i was asked.

have you changed out your stereo recently?

cuase aparently you can mistake the ilumination wire with ground, even with a multi-meter which i was useing at the time, aparently it conects directly to the constant there leaveing you none for the stereo.

aparently i;ve blown a fuse aswell but i cant find one in all 3 locations.

2 fixes im waiting on an answer to here, eitehr t of both to the constant though dont know if this will have adverse effects, ie. blow a fuse or a bulb.

OR

run a wire directly from the battery and put in an inline fuse for your constant for the stereo.

option 2 Will work for the stereo though is a slight pain in the arse to rip out my interior for the 10th time etc etc.

I havent check the little black enclosed box to the left side of hte fuses which aprently contains more fuses, but my car comes with the ignition warning and ignition surround light which aparently get thier protection in there, hence the fuses,

after i re-wire my stez il let you know

p.s. no rear driving lights (brake lights work), no annoying buzzer, no back light to the dash but all the driving/warning lights function and no ignition surround light. enjoy.

p.s. no rear driving lights (brake lights work), no annoying buzzer, no back light to the dash but all the driving/warning lights function and no ignition surround light. enjoy.

Must get that 'terminology' right fellas.

The first position of your headlight switch will be the 'sidelights or position lights', 'parkers' most Aussies call em.

THEN the headlights, comprising low and high beam activate. Here btw, the front 'parkers' also stay on. Why? So that when the low-beam fails, the front outline of your car is still visible to oncoming traffic.

The term 'rear driving lights' is not appropriate, conjures up images of a set of actual 'driving lights' used to aid high-beam. Try instead 'tail lights'.

Nag nag nag:-)

Edited by Keepleft

is there a fuse box at the boot as well? didnt know that, well no i hvnt changed my stereo lately although i dnt think that will really affect the lighting will it? All my accessories work its just the lighting part that doesnt.

If there was a short, what is most likely to be damaged? the wires themselves? or just the fuses/relays.