SAU Community

Appealing For A Suspened License For Thoese People Has Done This Before

MFC05

I was on good driving behaviour period for one year i have done 6 months without speeding or getting caught but recently i was caughting speed doing 107 in a 90 zone.

i was wondering to the people on here who has appeal their license back with the local magistrates court for work, study etc whats the sucess rate of getting it back ???

what process does it involve getting it back ??

appreciate everyone's help

with the current reputation hoons are giving us in the past week in the media, in particular skyline drivers...I don't like your chances at all. My boss just went to court last week to appeal his loss and he didn't even really get to say anything...judge just handed down the sentence...waste of time really...

so wait... let me get this right... you were already on a good behaviour license, after already having lost your license previously?

and you want to be put on another good behaviour licence? after having proven, not only once, but TWICE, that you're not able to follow some simple road rules and be trusted with driving a motor vehicle on the roads?

do i have that right?

mmmmkay....

Honestly mate... do the crime... do the time

haha...do the crime, do the time.

Is that from judge dredd or something else? Or is it from that cartoon Cops?

I vote for the wasting your time option. I dont think anyone will come up with something to get you out of this one. Only solution would be to get rid of the lead based shoes your wearing, maybe drive bare foot or something yeh?

Edited by r33_racer

You're asking for the wrong advice....after getting caught speeding while on a demerit point extention the only advice you need is where to buy some comfortable shoes :P

Edited by madbung

To be honest after giving a lift to a guy i work with to court for the same reason. I took a seat watched what happens (3 weeks ago).

There were about 10 cases infront of my fellow work mate and all of them were rejected. Except for a courier driver who had lost his licience not because of speed but because of too many parking fines...

The judge guy said to all those speeding, its for your own good. Slow down and if i see any of you again you loose it for 3 years...

I thought to my self this is very hard. 2 of the guys were apprentice, one was an electrician and the other was a plumber. So both of them had really good reasons to get their liciences back and the gudge said no with out even blinking an eye...

They are cracking down big time...

The fact that you were on a good behaviour licience is gonna kill you in court...

Sorry to tell you mate but i recently went to court for a traffic matter. I had no previous offences and bloody good excuse, running late for my brothers wedding and i got a little sideways around a corner.

I had a Traffic offence recorded and a $400 fine.

I'd have to agree with the other guys, do the crime...do the time

I'd tend to agree with everyone else, 17km over the limit is a bit excessive. Having said that, we all speed from time to time, so part of me wants to say you were unlucky getting caught the second time on your good behaviour, another part of me wants to say that if your licence was so precious you would have been more careful..

Good luck anyway mate, live an learn i guess

sems as though no one could give you any real world advice,,,,

I have had two good behaviour licences,, and lost the first one 6 months into it,,

First thing,, get yourself a letter from your boss outlining how important you are to the company and how much of an inconvenience to them it would be to replace you as without your licence, you would be of no use to them,,,

secondly,,, go to the main roads and get a printout of your driving history so you know what you are up against when trying to explain your history, note, you can only get 5 years but the courts will have access to ten !!!

now the comments made regarding the judge is correct,, it all depends on them,, I got a judge at inala court who commented to the guy before me, that he gives everybody a first time chance,,

When I came up he looked at my history,, shook his head and asked how i still had my licence for so long, then commented that that was the fault of the points system and if he saw me again, i'd be walking,,

What happens is that the judge quashes the points for the fine that you got within the 12 month good behaviour, so that you just go back onto finishing off the 12 months as if nothing happened,,,

So, if you really want to keep your licence, get a hair cut, wear a tie,, and one thing that will really help,,,

Get yourself a lawyer,,,it will cost you a few hundred,, but it is cheap compared to not having a licence,,,

cheers

John

*sigh* with some of the posts in this thread, its no wonder imports and skylines are constantly targeted, with attitudes and mentalities (and driving skills... or moreso the lack of them) like those

Interesting,

That wasn't directed at me by any chance was it?

cheers

John

what gave you that impression? :)

Well there was only one or two posts that could have provoked a response like that, so if wasn't to me then it must have been someone else, or has some sarcasm come into play as well?

cheers

John

To be honest, it was aimed at you a bit, yes.

Sure, everyone does stupid things on the road from time to time, i don't pretend i'm some sort of Saint or anything, however, there is a time and a place for everything.

What i don't agree with is the way you seem to think you can thumb your nose at/flaunt the law, and think that it doesn't in some way affect everyone else.

I don't see why repeat offenders should be shown any form of leniency, it is just promoting the bad behaviour to continue.

if you lose your license, deal with it, learn from your mistakes, and move on.

Don't come on here whinging that you are hard done by, and you should be given a second chance, and you need your license for work, etc etc... you should have thought about that BEFOREHAND, BEFORE you went and pretended you were Takumi, or before you thought you were Victor Bray at that set of traffic lights. DONT go on about how you expect to still be let off when you CONTINUE to do things that are against the law.

i'll leave it at that, as this is something i feel rather strongly on.

To be honest, it was aimed at you a bit, yes.

Sure, everyone does stupid things on the road from time to time, i don't pretend i'm some sort of Saint or anything, however, there is a time and a place for everything.

What i don't agree with is the way you seem to think you can thumb your nose at/flaunt the law, and think that it doesn't in some way affect everyone else.

I don't see why repeat offenders should be shown any form of leniency, it is just promoting the bad behaviour to continue.

if you lose your license, deal with it, learn from your mistakes, and move on.

Don't come on here whinging that you are hard done by, and you should be given a second chance, and you need your license for work, etc etc... you should have thought about that BEFOREHAND, BEFORE you went and pretended you were Takumi, or before you thought you were Victor Bray at that set of traffic lights. DONT go on about how you expect to still be let off when you CONTINUE to do things that are against the law.

i'll leave it at that, as this is something i feel rather strongly on.

Well excuse me,,

which God empowered you to prejudge me?,,

It just so happens that I am coming up on 30 years of accident free driving,,

How about you?

how would you know why I lost my licence or anything to do with me?

The dude asked for some advice,, everybody seemed to just bag him, so I told him what he wanted to know,,

how can you say that it is people like me ( or what even gives you the right to judge anybody) that give imports a bad name,,you don't even know me,,

It is people like these---

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.p...gular%20driving

That give skylines a bad name,,

What sort of breed is the horse that you are astride?

it must be a fair few hands, as you seem to be riding fairly high on it

Get a life

pffft

cheers for the information 33GTT yes your right ive hear people being let off with a warning or no points at all for one year only if you have a good reason such as you got a fulltime job you need to pay your bills and debt to up depending on the judge I may be lucky but it dosent look to good for me at the moment