SAU Community

R33 Shock Replacement

Hi all

I took my car for a major service (which ended up costing close to $1800) about 3 weeks ago and the guys there told me that I need to replace my shocks since they're all worn out. Anyway, just wondering if any of you guys had yours replaced and how much it cost for parts and labour and what brand?

I need all four replaced and I'm on a budget...not a winning combination :(

Thanks all!

I sourced them for

$99 each for rears

$122 each for fronts

They were KYBs. Fitted myself so no labour. I bought some universal steering rack boots to replac the dust boots which were about $50 for 4.

Have to get a wheel alignment soon too.

If you want better Sydneykid does biltsteins in the group buy.

Rears you have to remove the trim, fronts are ok.

Budget on about 4.5 hours labour - Probably $400.

I'd say $900 all up.

if your after an upgrade check out the website in my signiture, but if your after stock struts i would say $500 maximum for fantastic condition?

Hi Ryan, it would help your cause greatly if you fixed up the "Janglish" on your web site. It's very confusing and doesn't help the buyer at all.

"Precise control damp valve"

Does that means it's raining?

Only has one valve?

I also notice the same spring rates are quoted for GTR's (4wd) and GTST's (2wd), surely there are different springs rates to allow for the substantial weight differences. Best to put them up on the web site rather than confuse the potential buyers.

:spank: cheers :P

Thanks guys, thats been great info, cause i bought my car in september but don't get to drive too often since I'm working in the city so just started doing stuff to it.

Anyway, Sydneykid, how do I go about getting a group deal for the shocks? I'd be pretty interested in the Bilsteins deal if you could hook something up if they're around the $900 mark fitted. I'm in sydney too hopefully i can get something sorted out. Just need to confirm price, shocks etc.

cheers