SAU Community

Time To Change Timing Belt

BOVed

Sounds like and looks like by the sticker on the timing cover that its time to change the belt, saw a post not long ago bout someone getting their belt changed(cant find the post!)and a few people said its a good idea to change the water pump and a few other things I cant remember at the same time, any help anyone? :(

Sounds like and looks like by the sticker on the timing cover that its time to change the belt, saw a post not long ago bout someone getting their belt changed(cant find the post!)and a few people said its a good idea to change the water pump and a few other things I cant remember at the same time, any help anyone? :laugh:

sk did one not so long ago with an adjustable exhaust camshaft pulley , made it look easy...

Adj Camshaft Pulley & New Cam Belt

water pump, idler and tensioner bearing and cam gears.

none of them really need to be done but you mught as well considering how easy it is once the timing belt is off.....

:D How much should I expect to pay for these?

Idler/tensioner cost me under $100

Timing belt was about $70

3xdrivebelts was just under $100

Didn't do waterpump, but I did coolant, oil, oil filter, fuel filter....

Adjustable cam gear can cost $150 new (near me), but I didn't get one in time. =-[

Sounds like and looks like by the sticker on the timing cover that its time to change the belt, saw a post not long ago bout someone getting their belt changed(cant find the post!)and a few people said its a good idea to change the water pump and a few other things I cant remember at the same time, any help anyone? :)

yeah, when I took my car for the 100 Mm major service to replace the timing belt I also had my water pump done because it's right at the front and saves having to take off all the belts and lift the thing out again. Also adds another nice new shiny part to the engine so that's nice in itself :-)

Idler/tensioner cost me under $100

Timing belt was about $70

3xdrivebelts was just under $100

Didn't do waterpump, but I did coolant, oil, oil filter, fuel filter....

Adjustable cam gear can cost $150 new (near me), but I didn't get one in time. =-[

Wheres best to get these just nissan dealer parts department?

Ive decided to grab HKS cam gears,HKS timing belt,nismo oil filter, fuel filter and fuel pump from nengun along with some other goodies but dont know where to get idler/tensioner, drive belts and water pump

Seach for "Bearing Industries".. there was a thread around here not long ago that I got the number from. Idler and tensioner can be bought from them.

The belts came from AutoOne, with a mate's discount card, so it came in cheaper than normal. Timing belt came from Nissan.