SAU Community

Need A Good Mech Re: Gearbox

Oosh

Star Trekking across the universe, always going forwards coz we cannot find reverse!

Yes this morning i had to get out of my driveway sans reverse, it all seems exactly the same as this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...8entry2101068

So now i just need to take it to a mech who will listen and not insist i need a gearbox rebuild.

And there nominations are:

you all fill in this bit...

Cheers,

- Ash.

my dads merc lost its rev gear (Auto) prob from me doing to many rev then first gear burnouts bak in the days lol....ended up rebuilding the gearbox cos they dont make them anymore, u should have seen the rev gear, it was in pieces lol

Well it got worse last night. changing down from 5th i couldn't get it to fully disengage, then clutch in at the lights i finally got it in to 1st and couldn't shift any higher than 2nd.

At it was making some god awful rattling and grinding noises, esp. on decelleration.

Managed to limp the last couple of kays home like that, then when parked in the garage I was jiggling it about to see what gears i did have, and it got stuck in 5th again but this time won't budge.

JOY!

Yellowpages threw up 3 places within easy limping distance, any further and I'll prolly need a tow truck (which I'm willing to do if necessary), so does anyone have experiences with these joints?

Allstates Automotive Transmissions

29A Jacobsen Crs, Holden Hill, 5088

(08) 8266 0449

GOODWOOD AUTO REPAIRERS

Holden Hill Shp1/ 650 North East Rd 5088

(08) 8367 8891

AUTO TRANS

rear 8 Elm St Hampstead Gardens 5086

(08) 8369 0445

Well I go it taken down to Rowle & Searle, they've had it out and inspected it, as i guessed "it's cactus".

They reckon when I lost reverse it sent a collar or some such floating back and forth, lost some teeth, created some more metal floaties, and the fun ensued from there.

A rebuild wouldn't be cost-effective, so now i'm in the market for a decent 2nd hand jobbie.