SAU Community

New To Suspension

Hey guys, i after your thoughts on some coilovers for my car (R32 GTST) i want it to handle exceptionaly well on the street cause i probably wont have time to take it to the track. I after maximum grip around corners and in a straight line, i was thinking of going something like tein coilovers but theres so many (HA, HR, N1....) i dont know which ones to choose, so thats were i get confused so thats were i was hopong you guys could help me out??? i was also looking at buying a whiteline suspension kit from Modyourcar.com for $700 + delivery is that a good price, any way this is the combination i was after =

Coilovers???

whitline Suspension Kit

and some 18inch R34 GTR rims

is that a good combination?

any help would be greatly apprieciated, cheers

Luke

When you talk about the whiteline kit are you talking swaybars and bushes (handling pack)? It would be worth checking out the group buy section as there is an r32gtst buy on atm i think.

As for coilovers, there are heaps, i wouldn't recommend many of them for street work, as the spring rates are way too high. You are really just going to have to do a lot of reading and gather peoples opinions on the various types available and what sort of driving they do. Also consider the whiteline spring and shock combo if you will only ever see street driving.

The wheels are less important, sure the 34gtr rims are nice but they will be difficult to fit and are bloody expensive to boot, mainly because they look hot!. Some second hand jap lightweight 17's will be your best bet as far as cost/performance goes.

yeah thanks for that ill check the group by out now. im not really worried about ride comfort at the moment i just want my car to be a handling machine :pwned: (but ofcourse i dont wont every bump to shack the shit out of my car and course any damage to it).

thanks guys im gonna buy the whiteline handling pack, but they say to make sure that i get it installed by someone that knows about there products. Does anyone know whos familer with whiteline products in the brisbane area?? well with my choice of coilovers or seperate springs and shocks im still not sure what to do... ive said that id like my car to handle good now i realise thats a pretty broad statement, so ill try and explain it better... i want to take corners pretty quick i enjoy taking my car out to winding roads and getting some speed up + i also like do mountain climbs which consist of lots of tight and narrow corners.... i hope that kinda explained it a little better, thanks again for all your replies.

I'm also new to suspension in Skylines. Wat would be a average price to pay for Coilys? I'm looking for some coilys atm, but the BN kit's going on and going to make it damn hard to reach the right ride height with springs. Unfussed about Coilover brand.

Jason.