SAU Community

Sau Qld Dyno Night + Meet & Greet

Col-GTSX

Remember Anna what ever he reads on motsons dyno will be the same increase for the rest of us... In terms of a percentage... So if you ran 179 last night and you run 200 today and i ran 198 last night then in theory i would run about a 224rwkw area... Post up what he gets, will be interesting...

I dont want to get it done so I can come back and say see now I go to the top of the class, I just want 2 things

1. A more easily comparable result (Shoot out mode is the best we have) for before and after comparisons

2. A better graph to read...the scale they used for the power curve shows nothing, everyones was a flat line pretty much!!! And once again I want that for before and ater comparisons

So dont worry I wont be comig back claiming I beat anyone!!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately for me on my way home i blew a head gasket. Nothin major, just a slight little leak. So the second i noticed strange smoke out the back i turned the thing off and got it towed. should be back on the road soon :P

btw i was the guy with the piss weak rb20 silvia. haha

Col..1900N-m of torque..that's solid! At how much rpm did u hit max torque?

Any idea wot my final reading on torque was after the conversion? Got some ?? about the printed dyno graph...lol different from wot i usually see.

Anyway cant wait to see all the pics, videos and results from everyone that went on the dyno...

Cheers~ :D

Unfortunately for me on my way home i blew a head gasket. Nothin major, just a slight little leak. So the second i noticed strange smoke out the back i turned the thing off and got it towed. should be back on the road soon :D

btw i was the guy with the piss weak rb20 silvia. haha

So it was u how left coolant on the dyno...

should be 4.11 Pete, flat AFR's aside...you're hiding something ;)

Once I get Lucas onto the poor timing issue, you're gooooooone ;)

Nothing to hide here...........I thought the extra 2 doors were plain enough to see???? :D

Col..1900N-m of torque..that's solid! At how much rpm did u hit max torque?

Any idea wot my final reading on torque was after the conversion? Got some ?? about the printed dyno graph...lol different from wot i usually see.

Anyway cant wait to see all the pics, videos and results from everyone that went on the dyno...

Cheers~ :D

Pics are on page 8...

What was your final Nm reading j-boy???

If I knew you guys were racing to 250rwkw I would have run mine.

Col...I thought yours would have more torque than that...after all it is an RB25...mine's only a 20 and I make 620nm. There did seem to be some inconsistancies with that dyno though. Like Dan's 34...should have been making 175 at least. John's...properly tuned or not should still have cracked 220. Not saying it wasn't accurate, just a bit suss on it.

Col, yours should be somewhere in the vacinity of at least 500nm of torque.

On my dynosheet it says 1735Nm @ about 4900rpm, then max power 0f 315kW. Was thinking wow if u got 1900Nm with 198kw that's alot! LoL.. :D

Does not matter how the dyno reads... up or down... Impossible to say who dyno is perfectlly accurate...

You missed the point of the night dan...

It was to compair cars side by side on the same dyno... Plus to have a meet and greet... Bit if fun...

I dont care what kw and torque i had on their dyno compaired to others... All i know is that i drive a fat torque monster which will get me in enough trouble one day...

Anyways... I am only using the final figure divided by the diff ratio so it is dependant on thier dyno... But then i always knew i had heaps of torque...

Remember kw mean sweet FA... Its the torque that gets you down the quarter faster...

IMPORTANT

Can all of you who ran your cars pm me you figures...

I need the following

* Outright KW at the wheels

* Outright Torque at the wheels

* Speed at which highest KW was reached

* Speed at which highest torque was reached

As i have not got an email from them as yet and i want to wrap this up... So i can get onto the DVD....

I started it and the laptop crashed and ditched the clips... But i still have them on the camera... So here goes another hour of capturing and abother 20 gig... :D

Good result Jboy. Is that RWKW or AWKW? How was your AFR?

Oh sorry I could not make it I was stuck in a boring work meeting :D Catch up with u on the weekend if you r free.

DOU33....haha yeah guess i needed to clear some carbon....weird thing is that i just had a brand new 3.5 metalcat put in less than a mth ago... :

9krpm...thanx...guess its not too bad, my car was never built fer outright power anyway~haha dude if u were there u would smoke me with yer GTR! Hoping to see yer car on the dyno one day manz...My AFR was mostly on 0.85, dont know wot units this is on actually, but previous dyno i was running AFRs of about 11.7 Yeah catcha up soon yeah....maybe this weekend... :D

Yeah i went just to have a look at first n then decided to put my car on fer a run just to check how it's running...got to speak to a few people and was great getting to know new people, hoping to get to know more of u guys in the future. All in all, think it's something fer people to meet up n just have some fun. :)