SAU Community

Is there any RB25 powered SKyline that runs a 5spd automatic gearbox or are they all 4spd? Is it the VQ range of motors that have the 5spd auto option?

I had a rather heated debate with a mate about this tonight and we could find a concluding answer.

I dont think they are actually 5 spds, they lock the convertor up as an overdrive providing 1 to 1 drive its not actually another gear. On most occasions you loose this when u start modding the box.

i think the VQ's do and i know for sure the VH's do aswell, as thats what im running in my 33. Actually yeah the VQ and VG's did as they are basically the same box as mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Actaually on my old R33 GTS25...I had a 5 speed auto box with the car....Not quite sure what are they off, but it is a strong ass auto box....I tried to killed for long time.....It took me more then half year to kill it....

coz at the start I dunno it is a 5 speed box and worth money.......after the box is dead and we pull it out, we found out it is not a standard r33 4 speed auto box..

• 6 years later...