SAU Community

Drifting

Flash89

hey there guys, there are times where i just want to go crazy in my car but i dont want to do it on the road, just wondering if any of you guys know any places where you can just go anytime and do a lil drifting legally and safely. i wanna stay legal and improve my skills but just not on the roads where i could hurt myself and others and also damage my car.

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey there guys, there are times where i just want to go crazy in my car but i dont want to do it on the road, just wondering if any of you guys know any places where you can just go anytime and do a lil drifting legally and safely. i wanna stay legal and improve my skills but just not on the roads where i could hurt myself and others and also damage my car.

Thanks

join wascc and cams and go to barbagello drift prac nights for more info

http://www.westdrift.com/

http://www.driftwa.com/dwa.html

thats a couple west aus drift sites for ya with all the info you need

thats what the prastice night are for.. you learn :huh:

just to give you an idea on the price it cost

Cam L2NS $50 or if you want L2S its about $60 or $80 a year

WASCC $200 or so a year

Practise nights $50

Plus you got the cost of tyres and other random stuff.... but when you just start out a set of stockers will be for you :(

' date='25 Apr 2006, 01:05 PM' post='2115090']

ahaha Chi,

Tomj was saying that some people just uses any "industrial area"

Yes he was & I think no-one needs to discuss it further. :huh:

<uses invincible mod powers to lock thread>

isnt there like lessons you can take or something??

umm not really...

maybe do some driver training days or some mc days or something like that maybe even some grip track days to get your general driving skill up...

drifting isn't that hard once you get a feel with ur car... just go out there smash the handbrake/brake/gas counter and hold....

try new things untill u find something that works for you :angry:

ALSO you will find that you can damage your car at the track too, got to watch urself they are a few walls and if u come off @ speeds u may hit them hard and do some big time damage

If your really keen do a practice night, first lap get a feel for the track & lines, second lap try & get a bit sideways in the corners, third lap & beyond go harder depending on how your going. Just don't try & make a 120kph sideways entry into cat corner first up...........

If your really keen do a practice night, first lap get a feel for the track & lines, second lap try & get a bit sideways in the corners, third lap & beyond go harder depending on how your going. Just don't try & make a 120kph sideways entry into cat corner first up...........

nothing wrong with 120 entry :angry: it those S bends u have to watch out for... i come off at speed and was a few inchs away from the wall

doesnt ahg hold those driver trtaining day things. im going to one in a couple weeks. i heard they are pretty good.

all i can say from last night be careful in the wet lol... they like to snap back hard :S haha

The driver training days at AHG are nothing like drifting. That is motor kahna style driving teaching braking and control techniques. If you have a nice instructor they might let you do something a bit crazy around the top corners. But you dont get the speed and length in the corners like you do in drift.