SAU Community

Grand Prix Legends??

Morgs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes Yes YES I lurrrve this game. Esp when you apply the D3D patch it looks AWESOME. BTW there are a squillion "home brew" tracks out there inc. Bathurst, Oran Park, Adelaide, Albert Park etc, etc, etc.

The Coolest track i've seen is Ridgehill Raceway. I love the realistic dynamics of this game, much like Gran Turismo and yes it's a biatch w/out a steering wheel !!

Wow thread revival...

Crooser... havnt seen you around for a while!

I recently reinstalled GPL, I only race "the ring" and after a couple of sessions im down to 8:13 with the Ferrari.

Its a damn challenging game! I love it! Steering wheel only of course :D

LFS indeed has incredible physics.... incrediably horrible ;)

It just does not feel right... Netkar isnt too bad... GT-Mod for F1 2002 as well... but I still love GPL :)

i was a bit corcerned reviving this old thread but looks like i didnt pisss anyone off.. :P

well i do use a force feed momo wheel, i do have all the patches and add on tracks including sandown, but my fav tracks remain monza and rouen...

i also play on the net....maybe we should get together for a few races.. :burnout:

• 2 weeks later...

hehe great thread to revive:D

Well, in the last 15 months, I've managed to tear chunks from my rank:rolleyes: . I'm down from -4.5 to -9.5.

I just installed Netkar, and it's good fun, but I always go back to GPL.

Currently trying to lower my rtime at Spa. 3:19.31 and counting. I was hoping to break into the 16's, but it looks like I might have to be satisfied with 18's (If I can even manage that).

I don't do the online thing. From what I've heard, it's more addictive than offline racing. I have enough trouble fitting my life around GPL as is it, not to need another challenge.

Its very addictive, i havent driven it for a few weeks whilst i was in the middle of a tournament season, like i started practising Monza and i was only running high 28's and last season i was running high 27's. To drop that extra second it was going to take me ages so i couldnt be bothered.