SAU Community

Importing Tommy Kaira R34

well how much is different? -

different body kit

different rims

engine mods?

exhaust mods?

interior changes don't matter.

if you really wanted one, it wouldn't be any different than bringing in a modded R34, just gotta find standard parts. Actually come to think of it, i don't think the kit may matter too much... as long as it's not too low, spoiler too high, etc...... hmmm...

TK R34 has non standard suspension parts (not just the strut), engine parts (boltons, but still), seats (big ADR no no), underbody diffusers etc.

I think the first reply says it all. Too much hassle. I don't forsee any compliancer who knows what a TK R34 GTt is to agree readily.

• 3 weeks later...
a few of em came in under the old CPA import scheme... I remember back in 2002 or something HPI had a writeup on a black TK R34 GTt.

I almost bought a R34 GTT TK edition! but it was $42K!!! So i just got a 33 GTSt back in the early 'noughties'

Except from the bodykit and built in SatNav kit, i wasnt aware of any other mechanical differences... But, my point is that the importer was able to comply them!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

of course you can dude! here is what you do:

Give me your money - i'll buy it and drive it here in japan for the year it takes to be able to import it under the personal import scheme and then i'll stick it on a boat and it's all yours! no compliance costs and you get my personal guarantee that i won't drift it or take it to track days or gymkahnas! :(:P

I was about to say the same thing, you can bring it in without changes as a personal import.

Only hard part is knowing an Australian citizen thats lived in Japan for 3 years or more to send it back here as there own car.

Cheers

As long as the engine modifications aren't severe then yes it can be done. We have imported several modified R33's and R34's because we have access to stock parts which can be swapped for the pits and compliancing and then swapped back afterwards. Car's with bodykits (not over the top of course), interior mods etc. will pass compliancing and the pits. We sent a R33 with a FMIC fitted over the pits a while back and passed no worries. If you would like me to go into more detail or have any questions just ask.

Cheers,

hey,

I saw a black one with a tommi kit and other associated tommi stuff all over it for sale at phantom motorsports in brisbane not long ago, i recall seing an odd build plate in the engine bay, but I only looked briefly so I can't be sure, might've been something else

mark.