SAU Community

Importing Tommy Kaira R34

Seriously this thread is going from bad to worse.

Let me make this clear - TOMMYKAIRAS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE UNDER SEVS. If they were they would have to be listed on the SEVS register.

Those workshops bringing them in are technically breaking the law and risk losing their accreditation with DoTaRS if they are caught, and therefore not being able to comply anything. Yes I know lots of places are bringing in modded cars but the fact remains that it's illegal - I would be very nervous about people posting stuff on here listing my company's name if I was a RAW.

Let me make this clear - TOMMYKAIRAS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE UNDER SEVS. If they were they would have to be listed on the SEVS register.

Those workshops bringing them in are technically breaking the law and risk losing their accreditation with DoTaRS if they are caught, and therefore not being able to comply anything. Yes I know lots of places are bringing in modded cars but the fact remains that it's illegal - I would be very nervous about people posting stuff on here listing my company's name if I was a RAW.

The are brought in As r34 gtt coz thats what they are, They still carry the Nissan Chassis number so it makes them eligable

:wave:

Oh and they are not nervouse about be listing their name, they approve of it for 2 reasons, One is it is good publicity and 2 is they are doing nothing wrong. But you seem to Know all so i am sorry.... :(

No see let me explain, if they are brought in as an R34 GT-t then they must be returned to stock for compliance. Part that are aftermarket are meant to be destroyed.

As it stands, it is common knowledge that there are workshops working their way around this by removing parts before compliance and putting them back on afterwards. This is a good thing for us importers, but if people get on here advertising this fact, then expect DoTaRS to shut it all down and find ways of making us all suffer.

In other words, keep you mouth closed or you'll ruin it for everyone!!

No see let me explain, if they are brought in as an R34 GT-t then they must be returned to stock for compliance. Part that are aftermarket are meant to be destroyed.

As it stands, it is common knowledge that there are workshops working their way around this by removing parts before compliance and putting them back on afterwards. This is a good thing for us importers, but if people get on here advertising this fact, then expect DoTaRS to shut it all down and find ways of making us all suffer.

In other words, keep you mouth closed or you'll ruin it for everyone!!

Thanks for speaking on behalf of all of the RAWS workshops, but i can promise you that by us Importing any modified Car, and putting it back to standard is totally leagal and within the guidelines of RAWS. It is actually stated that all modified coponents must be removed.

Now as far as what the owner of the car does with his Aftermarket Parts that have been removed (They do not have to be destroyed as some wrokshops will have you beleive or actually beleive themselves, as it conflicts with civil law of the coponent not actually owned by the RAW for them to destroy, we have been to court over this topic) is entirely out of the RAW control.

So thanks for the concern but please do not put anyone down or say they are breaking laws ect... until you know the facts, and even then it is not a good idea to put people down

:D

Joe the info I had was coming from other workshops themselves, so perhaps they also need to read up a bit more on the matter.

But hey, if what's happening is within the rules, then it's all good - great in fact (I'm planning my next car already!!). I wasn't actually putting anyone down - quite the reverse, I was concerned that you guys would get in trouble if people got on here advertising what was going on.

Good to know though - I won't feel so sneaky anymore! :D

Thanks for speaking on behalf of all of the RAWS workshops, but i can promise you that by us Importing any modified Car, and putting it back to standard is totally leagal and within the guidelines of RAWS. It is actually stated that all modified coponents must be removed.

Now as far as what the owner of the car does with his Aftermarket Parts that have been removed (They do not have to be destroyed as some wrokshops will have you beleive or actually beleive themselves, as it conflicts with civil law of the coponent not actually owned by the RAW for them to destroy, we have been to court over this topic) is entirely out of the RAW control.

So thanks for the concern but please do not put anyone down or say they are breaking laws ect... until you know the facts, and even then it is not a good idea to put people down

:(

hehehe nice Joe.

Edited by Savage Bliss

• 5 weeks later...