SAU Community

Is Rego Include The Third Party?

SUGO

i said is rego include insurance(3rd party)?

You need CTP (Compulsory Third Party) in order to get rego.

If your in NSW, rego is usually about 250, and ctp, depending on your age could be up 2 600.

Im 20 and pay 550 for CTP.

There are two kinds of third party insurance. Third party personal which is compulsory to get your car registered (often called CTP or green slip) and third party property which covers you for the damage you may cause to other people's property, eg their car.

The cost of rego is separate to either of these and is paid to the RTA whereas the CTP is paid to an insurance company.

I recently got registration for my car. I beleive that the third party insurance that comes with the registration is on for personal damage. Like "abo bob" said the cost of rego is separate to either of these and is paid to the RTA whereas the CTP is paid to an insurance company.

So you would pay extra for either Third party insurance of fully comprehensive to the insurance company to cover your car in an accident.

I think.....

1) rego= rta

2) ctp/green slip/third party personal= insurance company

3) third party property= insurance company

to get rego you must pay for no.2 first at the insurance company then go to the rta and give them proof of your green slip then you pay for rego.

then you stick your rego sticker on your car!!!!

green slip only covers people that are hurt in accidents not property!

you need another insurane no.3 to cover the damage you do to their property

From a QLD'er

You have to be more specific mate. Same like the other in NSW

---> Compulsory Third Party (Which is the one you need a Safety Cert For to register your car on the road and get CTP)

---> Extended Third Party (AKA Third Party property damage - This the middle which covers you for damage/fire/theft to a certain amount)

---> Comprehensive (we all know this one)

From what i gather you are asking about the Rego where you pay it all at the Dept of Trans (CTP). AND yes rego does come with your payment, if your car is already registered.

So you have to be more specific and not have a go at someone who is trying to help mate.

From a QLD'er

You have to be more specific mate. Same like the other in NSW

---> Compulsory Third Party (Which is the one you need a Safety Cert For to register your car on the road and get CTP)

---> Extended Third Party (AKA Third Party property damage - This the middle which covers you for damage/fire/theft to a certain amount)

---> Comprehensive (we all know this one)

From what i gather you are asking about the Rego where you pay it all at the Dept of Trans (CTP). AND yes rego does come with your payment, if your car is already registered.

So you have to be more specific and not have a go at someone who is trying to help mate.

But you don't get it! The in the third party is the in the included?

I think that's what he is trying to say.

But seriously....If the car is already registered then the registration renewal form you get does include compulsory third party from the previous CTP insurer...unless you want to change.

CTP Extended is not included.

Or pretty much what Arbess said.