SAU Community

I Need Some Expert Advice From Skyline Enthusiasts

im currently looking to buy either an R32 GTR or a R33 GTS-T. however im having trouble deciding witch would be better for me...

i want the car as something i can drive every day so i would require it to be reliable. but i also want to get into some track racing events also. so i would like to be compeditive from that point of view also. the thing that attracts me most to the GTR is the 4x4 and the look of the R32, but the good points about the R33 is that they are newer, and its easyer to find ones with lower km's on them that have done less work...

would some of u guys be willing to help me out maybe with some pro's and cons of the two? as at this stage im still rather new to skylines

thanks

r32gtrs are getting old now, and may require rebuild etc, r33gtsts rnt much newer, but are only 2wd, and really, if your askn for advice, you arent very keen. get out there, test drive some, and make a desicion. only way to do it

i was in same position as you last year.... but r33 gtst's and 32gtr's had a big price difference so i went the R33 thinking its cheaper & also newer. dont get me wrong it probaly was (untill the modding stage lol).

but after a year ive upgraded to a 32 gtr. i think its worth it to go the GTR straight away man, but yeah u do have to find a nice example to avoid any major troubles..

pro i found with the r33 was that i didnt feel i was in the 1980's wen i was inside the car lol, and it was a much cheaper to maintain one, nothing really went wrong that i didnt cause myself. but yeah the 2wd starts to get annoying after a while. id say its the most reliable car i had.

with the gtr. its an experience u need to see for yourself. it shudnt be HEAPS more expensive then a gts-t in my opinion, u jus need to follow a strict religious servicing schedule.

oh and most skylines have been winded back dont trust wat u see on the clock. make your own opinion of how many km on it.

the cons i cant really remember lol as i've had a very good experience owning my lines' cant really say anything wrong about them except air/fuel ratios!

good to hear your looking at a line, wen i get my next car its deff gna be another RB.

hope that helps matey :)

Edited by hanyou

Depends on your budget.

If you have a smaller budget, go for the 33 GTST. Bearing in mind the costs of insurance and maintenance.

If you have some leeway, go the 32 GTR. If you can afford to maintain it, pay for insurance and pay for repairs if something goes wrong, then I can't see why you'd choose the 33. That said, you'd be better of buying a clean example to start with. Spend a bit more now, so you save in the long run.

Either car is great, just stick to your budget.