SAU Community

Falcon XR6 Turbo

rob77

Saw one of these on the way to work in peak hour traffic, so couldnt really have a run with it. Looks like a normal xr6 but has turbo underneath the xr6 logo on the back. I think from memory they are supposed to have somewhere between 250-300kw. So be an interesting drag, I dunno how tweakable they are either. Might even see one at the drag wars :P Stock form I think they are a mid 13 second car... I think it was HPI who did a bit of a write-up about 3-4 months ago when it was still developmental.

are but what of the turbo 6 ute? had drive of one its pretty sweet but they have nothing on the gtst.

bugger all boost, and very restictive stock exhaust.

i wanna see how the new FPV XR8 GT goes? suppose to be quicker than the gen3 hsv gtos

Originally posted by Boostzor

Id hardly call the volvo a "family" car :P

It is so!

Its got two baby seats in it and a pram in the back at all times.

Its a wagon so its even more of a family car than the XR6.

Only part of the interior that doesn't look family is the B&M megashifter.:)

Just checked out the Ford website the XR6T in standard trim weights in at 1694Kg, correct me if I'm wrong but about 200Kg (minimum) heavier that a 4 door skyline..

Anybody know the correct weight for a 4 door.

Yup 240 Kilowatts and 1690Kgs...

Oh has anyone mentioned that it actually failed 2 of the wheels magazine tests before it somehow won car of the year *gasp* yep thats right! Pls explain to me how it can win car of the year when it failed 2 tests.... especially when one of the failures was over heating! *please note this is not a rumour i have read this with my own eyes. www.smh.com.au if my memory serves me correct!*

Also Ford has come under fire lately of it being 2 heavy for it's power, therefore they are undertaking some major projects to reduce weight! and a lot of it by the sounds of it.... seems wheels car of they year i s a little bit over rated.

I do agree it is fantastic that ford is doing this however, more testing should have gone into it and perhaps a bit more thinking whats the house of having 240 kilowats when your car weighs as much as a frickin tank:uh-huh:

One thing i do remember reading somewhere is that the stock computer remembers how much boost is being run, so if you up the boost, the computer will note this and it will void your warranty... Now i can't remember if i read this in a forum or in mag, but i'm pretty sure it was a mag...