SAU Community

What Am I Looking At?

Could someone tell me exactly what I'm looking at?

10000301ko.jpg

I don't know much about cars in general, and all I know about this one is it's a 1986 Nissan R31 Skyline GX. I bought it off a private seller for AU$2,000.

I'd like to know what all the bits are and what the performance should be like.

Cheers,

-Bazza :bunny:

It's an RB30e, rather stock looking.

I'll take a stab in the dark and say it's an auto due to the lines running along the firewall, and it also appears to have cruise control.

You'll find pretty much everything you want to know about it here.

153.162 to be accurate.

114.3Kw x 1.34 = 153.162HP

I didn't think the .3 was really worth adding into the equation :)

Either way, it's more than enough power for an L plater, and certainly enough power to get you into (or out of) trouble.

Is it a GX, or a GXE model?

I love the dark blue 31's.... but I assume it used to be white?

If you paid 3k for it with the mags and kit already on it, you've done fairly well.

Dunno if you were after any suggestions on mods, but I'm going to offer a few anyway :)

Remove the Nismo badge and use it as a frisbee.

I was looking at the car thinking "nice, nice, nice....." then I saw the Nismo badge and my thoughts changed from "nice" to "rice" :P

Probably also remove the red thing on the drivers door (unless it's there to cover a scratch in the paint work). :rofl:

Change the centre garnish on the boot so that it matches the tail lights, or change the tail lights so they match the garnish.

It looks rather odd how it is. :ermm:

Do something about the exhaust. :(

Lower it.. a set of low Kings or similar... the 4WD style ride height detracts from the pimp factor of the body kit.

Home job respray. I think those lines are brake lines but he hasn't denied it's an auto.

I remember driving a VL when I was 17 (same engine) and thinking it was amazingly powerful.

Enjoy.

Is it a GX, or a GXE model?

GX

I love the dark blue 31's.... but I assume it used to be white?

It's black. :D and it used ot be cream, as indicated by the engine bay.

If you paid 3k for it with the mags and kit already on it, you've done fairly well.

I payed $2,000 after haggling.

Remove the Nismo badge and use it as a frisbee.

The original badges have gone ta-ta's so the Nismo badge will be staying for a while yet. :(

Probably also remove the red thing on the drivers door (unless it's there to cover a scratch in the paint work). :)

I tried to pull it off but it was leaving glue-marks so I just stuck it back on.

Change the centre garnish on the boot so that it matches the tail lights, or change the tail lights so they match the garnish.

It looks rather odd how it is. :rofl:

I think it looks different, which is exactly what I want this car to be: Different (and attention whoreing) :P

Do something about the exhaust. :P

I rekkon if I try to move it I'm gonna break off the bodykit.

Lower it.. a set of low Kings or similar... the 4WD style ride height detracts from the pimp factor of the body kit.

I like the ride height as is. IMO any lower would look like every other wannabe pimp with 20 inch chrome dinnerplates. :)

I want this car to be different, and to reflect myself. I do appreciate suggestions but I'm going my own way with this car.

untitled1ng.jpg

How would a spoiler such as this one I drew in MS Paint look in the boot? I was hoping I can find one where the legs would fit either side of the indentations on the boot and the wing would be the same width as the boot itself.

I think those lines are brake lines but he hasn't denied it's an auto.

You can take this as my denial :ermm:

1000021gc.jpg

Edited by The_Bazzanator

untitled1ng.jpg

How would a spoiler such as this one I drew in MS Paint look in the boot? I was hoping I can find one where the legs would fit either side of the indentations on the boot and the wing would be the same width as the boot itself.

1000021gc.jpg

Something like this! you trying to create???

That car is hideous :O.

And what can ya expect for a 20 year old car? XD

I don't want something quite that stupid. Imagine the spoiler on a V8 Supercar. Thats pretty much what I'm after.

And yes I am an attention whore so :rofl: .

Dont' forget that the boys in blue will also give you attention if you make it look dodgy.

I respect your intentions but please don't put that wing on it or any other wing apart from one factory released for an R31 Skyline.

I think tinting the windows would be a good idea for looks, coolness in summer and security.

btw, it wasn't me that suggested you had an auto.

That car is hideous :(.

And yes I am an attention whore so :rant: .

No worse than a black R31 with the shit you want to hang on it.

Remember your on L's and the law, even in SA just love clayton's hot shots like you want to be.

Maybe you should at least learn how to drive before you become another idiot behind the wheel.

It's my car, so I can do whatever I want with it, even if you lot think it's a bad idea.

If I do this right it shouldn't look that ugly... I never said I was going to put a 10 foot tall wing on the damn thing o.O

At least they're on HR31 Imports with what amounts to some real performance, but this guy wants to put them on a poxy old stock R31 and most people with any knowledge are just gunna laugh their heads off. But as he says, it's his car and he has the right to make a fool of himself if he likes.

A good looking 20yo is just what I need, but my wife wont let me. BooHoo.

She says I can keep the 30.

Edited by 66yostagea