SAU Community

Weird Boost Gauge Wiring Diagram

OK WELL, i went to the autosalon and bought a boost gauge, (cheapy, was $90) One of those ones with 7 colors and such, reading is in BAR. Anyway i was wondering if any one has a picture of What exactly the "manifold vacuum hose on car" is? Is it that same pipe that would go from your tappet cover to your carburettor? (if i actually had a carburettor) Erm would it go into some kind of fuel injection manifold or something? Cut the pipe and insert the T-Piece? (i have a r32 gts-t type M with a rb20det) Pictures would be soo helpful, i know very little about newer engines, besides the basic workings.

I have attached a picture, which i took like 2 hours drawing up (no camera), which is a replica of that enclosed with the gauge. I cant understand what the frig to do with the orange and yellow wires that go into that parallel thingy with the fuse looking things and the capacitor like watsit. I rang the guy who sold me it and he said hes not sure, but just to wire the orange and yellow wires up to my headlights, thepurple to my battery and the black to ground. Im worried about doing that because i dont wana blow anything up.

any help on either of these areas would be appreciated, because, well im know nutting :ermm:

boost_gauge_wiring_diag.bmp

dude..

see on your cars speedo cluster, top left hand corner is the factory boost gauge.

well in your engine bay, up against the firewall in front of the drivers seat, is a little box and a vaccum hose going to it.

Put your T piece in that.

that is the vacuum line that the factory gauge uses.

just to verify, im cutting my standard vaccum line, near the firewall, just before it goes into a little box and putting the T piece into that, right?

sorry, im just dumb

thx

Yep.

Just cut the vacuum line a lil before the box and put the t-peice there.

Good Luck. Its a simply job, you shouldnt have any problems.....

excellent, thanks, saves me getting autobahn to install it ($150)

1 last question, I know that some cars have an empty port in the fuse box, for an accessory, does the 32 gts-t have this spare port? Or any other suggestions where to wire one from? Im not keen on wiring it from the ignition, and would probably struggle to find the wire anyway

Thx in advance

Edited by brainlessnoob