SAU Community

Skyline Fuel Consumption

Im soon going onto my Ps, and ive been thinking of buying a non turbo Nissan. The 180sx or silvia was an idea, but finding a non turbo proved hard.

Can someone confirm with me the rarity of non turbo S13s? Did they make any?

I then thought of an affordable R33 GTS.

Does anyone have the fuel sonsumption on an R33 GTS, or your other import?

The fuel consumption on any import would be nice to have for first time buyer.

I know that the 2.5 isnt a huge engine, but i dont want to buy something that guzzles fuel.

Thanks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right foot will effect fuel consumption more than anything else in a standard car. I consistently get 500k in my R33 GTS-T as long as I don't thrash it too much. Not sure about the GTS though.

Finding a non-turbo S13 Silvia should be pretty easy. 180SX is going to be harder as only the later models came out in non-turbo spec.

My Non-turbo R33 got about 10L/100km last time I checked. So since it's a 65L tank should do 650kms to a tank.. it's stock except for pod filter and cat-back exhaust.

Silvia should get better economy as it's lighter and only has a 4cyl engine.

Your right foot will effect fuel consumption more than anything else in a standard car. I consistently get 500k in my R33 GTS-T as long as I don't thrash it too much. Not sure about the GTS though.

Thats pretty cool!

I get about 400 when spirited driving and giving some stick... over 400 if taking it fairly easy.

yeah, i have heard that the 33 gets about 10-11 per 100, but i wanted to check with people who acyually know for sure. an SR20 will always get the better fuel consumption, but then i'll always miss out on that awesome RB sound....... unless the R32 is a wise choice, not sure about a non turbo R32 tho.

Just pulled this straight off http://english.auto.vl.ru/

1988 Nissan Silvia Q

Displacement, cc 1809

Engine model CA18DE

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 135 ps (99.29 kw) / 6400 rpm

Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 16.2 kg*m (158.87 N*m) / 5200 rpm

Power density 8.07

Engine type Water cooling serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valve

Engine information

Fuel system NISSAN EGI (ECCS) (electronic gasoline injection)

Turbocharger No

Fuel type Unleaded regular gasoline

LEV system (Low emission vehicle) No

Compression ratio 9.5

Bore, mm 83

Stroke, mm 83.6

Final gear ratio

Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 8.6

Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km

Fuel tank capacity, l 60

1991 Nissan Silvia Q

Displacement, cc 1998

Engine model SR20DE

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 140 ps (102.97 kw) / 6400 rpm

Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 18.2 kg*m (178.48 N*m) / 4800 rpm

Power density 7.93

Engine type Water cooling serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valve

Engine information

Turbocharger No

Fuel type Unleaded regular gasoline

Compression ratio 9.5

Bore, mm 86

Stroke, mm 86

Final gear ratio

Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 8.7

Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km 5.4

Fuel tank capacity, l 60

1989 Nissan Skyline GTS

Displacement, cc 1998

Engine model RB20DE

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 155 ps (114.00 kw) / 6400 rpm

Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 18.8 kg*m (184.37 N*m) / 5200 rpm

Power density 7.81

Engine type Water cooling serial 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve

Engine information

Turbocharger No

Fuel type Unleaded premium gasoline

Compression ratio 10.2

Bore, mm 78

Stroke, mm 69.7

Final gear ratio

Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 9.8

Fuel tank capacity, l 60

1993 Nissan Skyline GTS25

Displacement, cc 2498

Engine model RB25DE

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 190 ps (139.75 kw) / 6400 rpm

Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 23.5 kg*m (230.46 N*m) / 4800 rpm

Power density 6.89

Engine type Serial 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve

Engine information

Turbocharger No

Fuel type Unleaded premium gasoline

Compression ratio 10

Bore, mm 86

Stroke, mm 71.7

Final gear ratio

Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 9.6

Fuel tank capacity, l 65

Edited by Big Rizza

Do all R33's have the same size fuel tank? I'm lucky to get more than about 300km, city driving and very little thrashing.

same, i have cooler, full exhaust, pod and atmo venting BOV.

Do all R33's have the same size fuel tank? I'm lucky to get more than about 300km, city driving and very little thrashing.

You have to look at how much fuel you put in rather than the range. I get about 350km from my R32 before the fuel gauge reads empty, but at that point it only takes less than 40 litres to fill the 60 litre tank, so there was still plenty of range left. I usually get less than 12 litres / 100km from my RB20DET, down into low 10's if I take it easy.

It hurts much more than when I first bought mine. Back then, it was an easy $40/week per fillup, then it goes up to $50-ish/wk. That's with the normal use to work and back of roughly 20km travel each day, plus some weekend social outings.

Before long it's gone to $60/wk and before I had a chance to get used to it I'm already spending $70/wk to keep her running. Not having to do with worse fuel consumption but more to the constantly increasing fuel prices :)

i get about 420km out of a tank in my r32 gtst that has 230rwkw

YOU BASTERED HAHAHHAHA

Yeah i havea r33 gtst and i get abotu 350 to a tank if im not pushing it.

DIV hunter how the hell do you manage 500km?

I get like 350 pritty much free way driving :S

I read alot abotu o2 sensors determing bad fule consuption, but alot of ppl here are getting aroudn teh same consumption as me :S

Michael

Well I have a 32 gts-t as well and i get at least 500km to a tank, I have to drive it very hard to get under 500. My mate has the same car and wen running 12psi it still gets at least 350km to a tank. I would be concerned if my car was relatively stock getting 300-350km to a tank. Both of our cars have pod filter, 3" exhaust and he sometimes boosts his (as mentioned) plus he has a power fc.

I get about 7.5k/L around town because I'm a bit frisky with the pedal, maybe 9-10 if I'm in grandpa mode.

Highway is much nicer, leans out to about 14k/L, has a 55L tank. Thats on an SR20DET S13 Sil with a fair few mods on it now I guess and a 5spd, they arent a very good learner car in terms of behaviour and theyre certainly thirsty.

The 20DE is a much, much easier beast to live with and their economy is on par with pretty much most other 2L 4cylinder cars. If you want to save up a few grand more I'd recommend an S14, quite couple of them over here locally with the 20DE in them stock and a much better behaved animal on the road. The DET in the S14 is also a blacktop which is a much more refined bit of gear compared to the redtop which is getting kind of agricultural now I suppose but just depends what youre into really.

I drive an R32 GTR on 12psi with 245rwkw.

City = 500kms

Hwy = 600kms

R32 has 60L tank.

Jason.

600km with a GTR , i must be doing something wrong because i can only get about half that , dont the GTR have a 72litre tank???

Ok prior to filling up full tank last night I had:

400 KMs on the odometer and just a tad under one quarter of petrol left... so in theory I could of added an extra 30-50 KMs easy... taking it to a total of 450 KMs... mind you this is pushing the car every now and then, boosting it quiet often!

I am now certain if I baby it then I could esily get 500+ out of my tank... and my car is R33 GTS-T S2... pod and atmo bov.

I got 450-460 kms on my odometer last time. By that time the needle was sitting on empty. When i filled up only 50L went in so 500km sounds possible if i pushed it a bit more.

Maybe i should wait for the fuel light to come on and see how many kms i get then......then again maybe not. I don't want to be pushing my car up to the bouser.

For me just to get 450kms I have to drive around off boost just about all the time!!