SAU Community

Skyline Fuel Consumption

I get about 350km per tank and thats with putting 55L in.

I drive alot of highway and im rarely on boost....

:

Think its time to change o2 sensor...

What else you guys think should be changed...

I used the Nulon fuel system cleaner and that got me from 310km to 350km per tank...

that was a once off and the fuel economy is the same.

Can the fuel filter cause a problem?

The car is making 215rwkw with afrs of 11.4.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the fuel filter is making any sort of problem, the only thing it could do is get blocked really, i dont think it could flow more than it should. with your afr at around 11.....it shouldnt be using too much fuel. Ive heard o2 sensors need to be changed every 75 thousand kays.

same, i have cooler, full exhaust, pod and atmo venting BOV.

try puttin ure stock bov, or a plumb back one on. will help your fuel ecconomy shitloads. atmos throw your air fuel ratio out.

I have a r32 gtst fully stock and i get about 420km out of 52litres. But thats with alot of thrashing and driving in peak hour traffic. Mrs on the other hand has done 460 km out of 50 litres. So yes depends on how you drive it and sort of condition you drive in.

My skyline used to give me around 350-400 kms from a full tank with little thrashing and mostly freeway driving.

But I got it checked and found that the crank angle sensor has a little gear which was worn out and because of this incorrect information about the position of the pistons was sent to the ECU. But when i got that fixed now I can get 450+ from a full tank with some thrashing. So roughly 10.5-11 litres per 100km.

Love it.

So if you are getting a shit mileage from your R33 I would have it checked.

Goto Autotech Engineering in Granville for those who live in Sydney.

i have an r32 gtr with 600+rwhp and i only get 150ks to a tank if im lucky, but i dont know how to drive it easy. the worst i got was 80ks to a full tank but i was having fun!

LOL!!! That makes me feel better!!! I get about 22litres/per 100km, around town with the occasional burst. So thats about 300KM on a 70 litre tank. 4.5km/per litre.

I didnt buy a 400kw GTR to drive a fuel efficient car, im doing my bit for Saudi Arabia's economy, more crude oil, burn burn burn!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
LOL!!! That makes me feel better!!! I get about 22litres/per 100km, around town with the occasional burst. So thats about 300KM on a 70 litre tank. 4.5km/per litre.

I didnt buy a 400kw GTR to drive a fuel efficient car, im doing my bit for Saudi Arabia's economy, more crude oil, burn burn burn!!! ;)

shiet! thought i read that wrong initially. that's just insane hehe. Bet it's fun though.

seems like you guys are getting pretty good figures.

my ca18de - 10.5L/100km

my rb20det - 10.5-11L/100km

hopefully my next car with an rb25det should be within that range.

Ok prior to filling up full tank last night I had:

400 KMs on the odometer and just a tad under one quarter of petrol left... so in theory I could of added an extra 30-50 KMs easy... taking it to a total of 450 KMs... mind you this is pushing the car every now and then, boosting it quiet often!

I am now certain if I baby it then I could esily get 500+ out of my tank... and my car is R33 GTS-T S2... pod and atmo bov.

How the hell do you get that good economy? I think i get about 400kms or so if i run it dry (done it)... i make a habbit of filling it up after 350kms now. Although that does tend to only take 50litres.. I dont trust me fuel gauge, its an outright bloody liar hence why i always fill up at 350!

How the hell do you get that good economy? I think i get about 400kms or so if i run it dry (done it)... i make a habbit of filling it up after 350kms now. Although that does tend to only take 50litres.. I dont trust me fuel gauge, its an outright bloody liar hence why i always fill up at 350!

My car is in good nic and only 46,000 KMs... I warm her up before boosting every time... its also auto so should drink more than manual... try and see if u can just run her dry or at least have the needly touch the last bar... the light should come on soon after and ull have about 10 litres. Or carry some petrol with u at the time...

BTW my car has done 440 KMs and the needle is barely touching the last bar... so I should be right for another 20-40 KMs...

best ive got is 500km in my r33 s2 that was with a trip to melbourne airport and back from the se suberbs and then to rosebud and back. most weeks i get 400. just with pod and cat back.

This weekend I drove to Evens Head (south of Byron Bay and Balina). I went via Springbrook (which adds about 60km of steep curvy slow mountain roads) and I drove pretty slowly for ages looking for dodgy camping sites, with the odd bit of sideways rally driving. I got 10.1L/100km over the 500km trip. Car is a R31 which has an auto 2JZGTE in it

Hmm seems my fuel economy is pretty spot on then. Been giving the car abit here and there (more then usual) and I usually hit 350-400kms right before the Empty light comes on - about 50L to fill up full tank.

Just hit 400kms this week with less enthusiastic driving and E light hasn't come on yet, should be soon though. So I'm game enough to say I'll be able to get 500kms out of 50L if I drive completely off boost for most of the tank, and definately over 500kms if I use up the remaining 15L. :D

Also, I believe tank capacity of the R34 is 65L, does that mean 15L is used for the reserve?

I wouldnt advise running the car dry as it will clog up the engine with all kinds of shit from the tank...

I hear people say this. Please explain? The pump always sucks from the bottom of the tank so any dirt would get sucked up regardless of the fuel level.

I hear people say this. Please explain? The pump always sucks from the bottom of the tank so any dirt would get sucked up regardless of the fuel level.

Read the manual... also my family friend mechanic told me not to run on empty...but i would like someone give an explonation for this...

Read the manual... also my family friend mechanic told me not to run on empty...but i would like someone give an explonation for this...

Huh? Are you literally talking about driving until you car stops moving due to it having no fuel at all? Who in their right mind would want to do that anyway.... I don't have to read the manual to know that my car will stop moving if I run out of fuel. If I get to the bowser before the fuel runs right out, no more crap will get sucked into the engine than if it had a full tank.

Edited by DennisRB30

Huh? Are you literally talking about driving until you car stops moving due to it having no fuel at all? Who in their right mind would want to do that anyway.... I don't have to read the manual to know that my car will stop moving if I run out of fuel. If I get to the bowser before the fuel runs right out, no more crap will get sucked into the engine than if it had a full tank.

No in the manual it says to fill up the car prior to it coming even close to going dry... usually i think a quarter of fuel is a god indication to fill up.

Anyway we going in circles, fill up prior the light coming up...