SAU Community

Skyline Fuel Consumption

Actually sorry i have run it dry, not deliberately, i did get over 400km from memory. I think there is something wrong with my fuel sensor cos the guage goes up and down all the time, its not very accurate, and the needle often goes below the E when im down to about 15liters. When i ran her dry the fuel light only came on when the car died. So go figure. I now always fill up after doing about 350kms and there it usually takes about 48liters.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do all R33's have the same size fuel tank? I'm lucky to get more than about 300km, city driving and very little thrashing.

I'm with u mate i only get around 350km from a full tank of BP Ultimate!! i'm in townsville where it is around the $1.50/L mark

I hear people say this. Please explain? The pump always sucks from the bottom of the tank so any dirt would get sucked up regardless of the fuel level.

Well, theres a filter of some sort on the fuel pump itself usually and another fine filter on the fuel rail so the chances of something reaching even the injectors is pretty remote, most of the time a fuel blockage happens is because someone didnt bother changing a fuel filter when they should have and blaming 'dirty' fuel or fuel tank.

im getting about 18.5L/100km's

...something has got to be wrong...any ideas?

by the way, the car is pretty much standard, running 8psi

I wouldnt advise running the car dry as it will clog up the engine with all kinds of shit from the tank...

Dude, there's something called the FILTER. You heard of it? :) They'll have a filter for the fuel as well as the oil filter u guys always change for the engine oil.

On city driving, i'll get about 420kms without touching the bottom line so i guess it can go 450 before it totally gets empty.

Mods: 3" full exhaust, Pod, SSQV, set my SBC on 8psi & occasionally 11psi :)

Edited by bcc23

im getting about 18.5L/100km's

...something has got to be wrong...any ideas?

by the way, the car is pretty much standard, running 8psi

Wow Jump in the fuel consumption boat! Lad I get about the same as that too... Really sucks considering the price of fuel these days

but you have a hi flow, so you will be making more power than my stag...and im sure u aint driving it like a nanna.

last tank i got 289km out of 53Litres :D

but you have a hi flow, so you will be making more power than my stag...and im sure u aint driving it like a nanna.

Man are u serious? damn!

Man are u serious? damn!

i wish i was joking!

i filled up the other day, it cost me $90.00 and i got 310km

anybody got some ideas as to what it could be?

im gonna check my O2 sensor and clean my injectors, i have also replaced my fuel filter.

most of the time i have my GF in the car so i dont drive it too hard, im just lucky that im only using about one tank per week.

get about 420 - thats when its on the 'empty' line. Maybe i have another 20 klms or so left, or maybe my indicator is f**king with me :(

But when i pumped up at the empty - i got to about 43 ltrs

I get 360 k's to a 50L fill guaranteed. 400k's if I do some highway driving.

Stock series 2. New spark plugs, new O2, new air filter, new fuel filter, have recently done major service too.

So... that's 14.5L/100K. Soon to fix coilpacks and clean injectors.

I got 9.8 litres per 100km after 450km of driving for my last tank at 11psi and buggered coil packs. :) There was an abnormal amount of freeway cruising for that tank however...

My other car uses less than 7 litres per 100km with its 1497cc's of raw automatic power and 5 star NCAP crash safety while running 0 psi :)

I drove my 32 GTR (standard ECU / Boost) to work for a few weeks, from a full tank to the empty mark it returned around 420kms with only the occassional squirt on the throttle (approx 14.5L /100km)

By Comparison my daily driver 02 TJ 3.5 Auto Magna returns just over 600kms on the same journey (approx 9.8L/100km)

Our worst performer however is the Mrs's 02 NM Pajero GLS Manual which covers between 500-550kms on the journey (approx 15L/ 100kms)

However, where the Magna and Paj are consistent performers the GTR has the potential to chew some serious fuel with 20L+/100kms not uncommon on cruizes etc ......!

Thats a good point... I do have a fair few mods. But I cant get much over 300. But your right again - I dont drive like a Nanna!

my latest tank yeilded an economy of 19.7L/100Km eeek!

dun know nothin bout ur type of car what size motor u runnin? that is extremely bad fuel economy bro i'd b broke all the time!! 1 my mates got a bombed 355ci stroker powered commodore thats off its tits and it only averages around 18-19L/100km around town..

I only consider 50L to be usable in my car so from full to when the needle is over empty I get about 425-450k's which I'm fairly happy with. I know theres always some petrol in reserve but never touch it.

Car is stock except for a deceptor BOV.