SAU Community

Skyline Fuel Consumption

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>_< I GET 200kms per FULL tank

Killing me

R33 Gtst with PFC,POD,AVCR (10psi), full zorst, front mount, new sparkies,new fuel pump etc

Got a battery drain problem though, so maybe thats part of the problem, i put a brand new battery in a few months back, and it only lasts about 30hrs of not being driven, usually its not a prob. cos i ALWAYS drive it, but the car is having a rest while i wait for my new turbo so its dead :).

>_< I GET 200kms per FULL tank

Killing me

R33 Gtst with PFC,POD,AVCR (10psi), full zorst, front mount, new sparkies,new fuel pump etc

Got a battery drain problem though, so maybe thats part of the problem, i put a brand new battery in a few months back, and it only lasts about 30hrs of not being driven, usually its not a prob. cos i ALWAYS drive it, but the car is having a rest while i wait for my new turbo so its dead :).

Check your current draw. You will continue to kill battries if there is something drawing current all the time...

Check your current draw. You will continue to kill battries if there is something drawing current all the time...

Cheers... HOW?

I have a multimeter, but not sure how to use it (im an electrical spastic)

Think ive ruled out the alarm drawing power,

i thought my amp was responsible - but the remote wire is working and it turns off with the car

Not sure about anything else

I get between 450-475km for around 55 litres. I have an r34 Gt-T and although i have read that r34's have a full tank of 65 litres, by the time i hit the 450km mark the fuel needle is just about to pass the last white indicator line. Maybe i can do 500km but i dont want to risk it.

oh btw my car is full stock :dry:

Cheers... HOW?

I have a multimeter, but not sure how to use it (im an electrical spastic)

Think ive ruled out the alarm drawing power,

i thought my amp was responsible - but the remote wire is working and it turns off with the car

Not sure about anything else

Disconnect negative terminal, switch multimeter to amps, and put one wire to the terminal on the battery and one on the earth strap. Make sure doors are closed, lights are off. As you would lock up the car overnight. Do it with the alarm disarmed, and then arm it. It should drop very low.

Anything over 0.1 amps is too much. Generally it will be down around 0.02 if it's good. Some alarms draw quite a bit of current until they go to sleep which can take a few hours.

That was all highway driving but with some very spirited overtaking etc (hehe) I was surprised!

Mods are

pod, fmic, 3' turbo back, fuel pump and reg, Microtech LT12 tuned for eco and boost contrller at 12psi. and a new battery last week.

my last fill - was done when i had done 320 klms and filled up 51.36 ltrs (bp ultimate)

Previously it was 410klms at 46 or 47 ltrs (bp ultimate)

now im on shell optimax - see how much i can get when it gets to the empty line - will post the results.

hey guys, i got a N/A r33 - pretty much stock. i've only had it for about 3wks or so i can only give a rough estimate so far but it seems to drink petrol like theres no tomorrow?! i worked it out and i would roughly get around 250km's a tank???

this is with me driving like a grandma ALL the time - i havent floored it at all.

i have a suspicision there might be a problem somewhere, anyone know what it could be or is this normal for skylines and im gonna have a empty bank account from now on :D

Edited by shaun123

my last fill - was done when i had done 320 klms and filled up 51.36 ltrs (bp ultimate)

now im on shell optimax - see how much i can get when it gets to the empty line - will post the results.

I've found shell optimax to be quite crap on my car, get less K's out of a full tank thats for sure. Bp Ultimate all the way.

hey guys, i got a N/A r33 - pretty much stock. i've only had it for about 3wks or so i can only give a rough estimate so far but it seems to drink petrol like theres no tomorrow?! i worked it out and i would roughly get around 250km's a tank???

this is with me driving like a grandma ALL the time - i havent floored it at all.

i have a suspicision there might be a problem somewhere, anyone know what it could be or is this normal for skylines and im gonna have a empty bank account from now on :P

Dang mate, thats shocking for a NA skyline. I've steadily averaging around 450k's for 50L on BP Ultimate. Something is deifnitnely wrong if your babyin' your car and still getting that kinda milage. SOme ppl say check the o2 sensor, change the battery, get a proper tune. Maybe you could try some or all of them. But you should deinfitely be getting around or better fuel economy that us turbo users.

Just pumped up today - got 340 klms in 49.6 ltrs - so about 7klms/ltr of optimax

Looks like for some reason, I got better mileage out of ultimate...shoudl try that again to confirm....

Everyone needs to measure fuel economy consistently for this discussion to be of any use.

Next time you fill up, reset your trip meter. Drive. Next time you fill up, note how many litres go into the tank to fill it, and also how many km's are on the trip meter. Then do this calculation: litres / kms * 100 = your fuel economy in litres/100km.

Anyway my fuel economy (1995 R33 GTS25 - RB25DE) is as follows:

Best ever: 8.04L/100km (highway driving)

Average: 9.71L/100km (general around town driving)

Worst ever: 13.29L/100km (due to a skidpan day)

10.4ltrs / 100km for my trip last weekend but around town it is in the 12s.

Also I read a thread here about driving for eco and it works out better to drive just on boost rather than just off it as the AF ratio's are much better.

This is my spreadsheet that I'm keeping (for tax purposes anwyays). Really good to have one.

Day Amount Petrol Price Litres Status K's travelled Date Petrol Lasted (Days)

24/05/2006 $65.50 $1.424 46 Full Tank 352 30/05/2006 7

30/05/2006 $68.80 $1.419 48.5 Full Tank 440 4/06/2006 5

4/06/2006 $10.00 $1.490 6.7 Little 74 6/06/2006 1

6/06/2006 $77.00 $1.449 53.14 Full Tank 422 12/06/2006 7

12/06/2006 $75.00 $1.459 51.41 Full Tank 455 Still going

Totals $296.30 205.76 1743

Average $ per litre $1.44

Average Kilometers per litre 8.47

Average Kilometers per 10L 84.71

Litres per 100K 11.81

Also turns out that Wednesday morning is the cheapest day to fill petrol near my area. Dont save much (around $5 - $7) from a full tank, but at least its something.

Edited by Liiger

The price we have to pay to drive awesome cars. Not a cheap hobby, but one thats soooo worth every dollar.....(just dont tell that to the missus)