SAU Community

Next Cruise

prof_dls

OK guys and girls - fill in the blanks:

Time:

Start Location:

Description of route:

End Location:

Its all about the driving this time! Just thought id give this topic a helping nudge.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time: 1pm Sunday 14th May

Start Location: TOWN?

Description of route: HEAD EAST TO FREEWAY THEN SOMWHERE

End Location: MURRY BRIDGE THEN HEAD BK TO TOWN?

help me ppl

Having the start location in town or near enough is a nice compromise for those who live out North and those in the South and everywhere in between.

Up the freeway is a good start to get into the back of the Hills. I was thinking that we could maybe follow some of the courses that were covered in the Classic Adelaide. For each cruise we could cover a few of the stages. I know the maps of the courses are available cause I used them to follow the rally and find good spectator points.

What do you guys think?

Time: 1pm Sunday 14th May

Start Location: TOWN?

Description of route: HEAD EAST TO FREEWAY THEN SOMWHERE

End Location: MURRY BRIDGE THEN HEAD BK TO TOWN?

help me ppl

Head towards M/Bridge on Freeeeeeway and take the turn off on the left to Strathalybyn. Man that is an awesome road, windy, open and fast. No trouble out that way, generally speaking if you get what I mean, as well.

Stop in Strath by the lake, chat, coffee shops or pub there, and mosey on back to Adelaide via meadows & clarendon.

That sounds like a plan to me. Thanks Tangles and Vange for the getting the ball moving. Guess we should have a show of hands to judge how keen people are.

Let the voting begin.

Im in.

awsome

as long as we dont run out of petrol its ok, cos it seems like a bit of a drive! n dont 4get it gets dark early...can any1 get weather for that day, hope its not raining...

Adelaide City up freeway to lefthand exit called Sthrathalbyn, overpass over the freeway, heads towards Callington / Strathalbyn. This road is good condition, open, windy, fast etc. I open my bike up out there *often*. :P

There is a Mobil with 98ron in Strath if your car needs fuel...... and a few pubs if you need fuel, but not a big distance really. Real nice scenery in front of the pub nearby to the swimming pool, overlooking the lake. Nice indeed.

From Strath either head up the hill thru Ashbourne and back to Adelaide via Meadows/Clarendon or Meadows/Echunga, or in lieu of Ashbourne head into Macclesfield then Echunga onto Mylor and back to the freeway as such. Or I could show you a nice route down to Myponga!

ok that sounds like a good route. im sure we can discuss and alter it when we meet n drive etc. now lets decide a meet spot. i have a few ideas for near town, ill pm some ppl n get their ideas.

vange- the guy that said he had a planned

route was 4_door_sleeper(pg1 in the other thread)

maybe PM him to see if he still has it

thanks pokie, but his name is Guy, thast y i said Guy lol

on another note i just had 2 go to stirling 2 open a house for inspection, and on the way bk it was pouring and i was on the speed limit and suddenly hit some water that was running accross my lane and aquaplaned it over 2 lanes for abuot 4-5 secs, lucky there was no cars next 2 me, but prob scared the hell out of the car behind me lol... kept it pretty straight but imagine if som1 with a normal car was driving and didnt c it, so dangerous.

Edited by vange

yeah depending on what where doing for mothers day lunch im a 50/50 chance im in will let u know in a couple of days

if im in pokie u can grab a lift with me and prolly shannon

yeah depending on what where doing for mothers day lunch im a 50/50 chance im in will let u know in a couple of days

if im in pokie u can grab a lift with me and prolly shannon

alrighty sounds good to me :angry:

I'm up for it guys, getting my exhaust fitted next Friday so it'll be a good opportunity to test it out :P.

Mother's day's no problem, all happens at breakfast & maybe dinner at my place :D.

Been on that road to Strathalbyn once at night & I have to say it's one of the best country roads we have around Adelaide so I'd be more than happy to go there again.

Look forward to meeting a few of you guys.

yeah i dunno if i will be going mum recons we not doing nothing but i dont know :P ya dammed if ya do and dammed if u dont

yeah Mothers Day isnt the best day for a group cruise............ damned either way 4 sure. 1 set of olds says nothings happening, so the other set jumps straight in!

Edited by Tangles