SAU Community

Front Facing Plenum (small Issue)

I have repositioned the throttle body on my NEO RB25 plenum to the front and need to know what to do with a certain hose that goes from the rear of the plenum to the factory J Pipe. The pic below shows the hose (circled).

plenumhoseSmall.jpg

Now, ive tried completely blocking the hose but that results in a very low idle/constant stalling. It is now too late to incorporate the hose into the IC piping as its already made up. Ive taken the car for a couple of drives with the hose just sitting there and sucking from the atmosphere and the motor idles and runs fine. Im however not too keen on leaving it like this incase it sucks in a stone or any such object into the plenum. I was going to go out and buy some mesh and hose clamp it straight onto the out let on the plenum, but just thought id ask here if there are any issues with doing this? Im using a LinkPlus ECU so the difference in airflow will not interfere with the (non-existent) AFM. What is the purpose of having this hose connecting the plenum and J Pipe in the first place?

It's the inlet for the idle air control. Plumb it in or stick a little filter on it if you are running a map sensor.

I don't know how good the iac is at preventing boost leaking back past it though, as typically it has the same or higher pressure behind rather than in front of it.

like dave is saying.. if you trace the hose down, you can find it sits to the air regulator which sits up underneath the plenum.

Try unplugging the airreg plug and see if it gets worse or better (I am thinking the ecu then probably goes into a fallback mode and regulates things differently?).. Could be worth investigating, but I could be wrong :D

had same issue with the plazmaman plenum.

just run a pipe along the side of the plenum (*above injectors) and down underneath the throttle body and onto a

fitting on your feed pipe.

post-5157-1146816276.jpg

had same issue with the plazmaman plenum.

just run a pipe along the side of the plenum (*above injectors) and down underneath the throttle body and onto a

fitting on your feed pipe.

Yeah I also had the same problem with my plazmaman plenum, as im running a MAP sensor I just put a little filter on it.

Sorry to hi-jack thread but.... Craved how much of a gain did you get with your plenum? :D

Yeah I also had the same problem with my plazmaman plenum, as im running a MAP sensor I just put a little filter on it.

Sorry to hi-jack thread but.... Craved how much of a gain did you get with your plenum? :D

no idea lol

everything in that pic above was put on in one go.

294rwkw with std rods and pistons