SAU Community

Gtr Flywheel Needs Machining Tomorrow!

shanef

Hi all,

Can someone help me out here. I need to get my flywheel machined for my 1989 32 gtr.

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Give me a call on 0403 477 372 or 3281 1308

cheers

Shane

Hi all,

Can someone help me out here. I need to get my flywheel machined for my 1989 32 gtr.

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Give me a call on 0403 477 372 or 3281 1308

cheers

Shane

Make sure you get it surface ground on a magnetic table Shane.

We could do it for you but we are a little bit out of the way.

Thanks heaps for the replys guys!

Just got off the phone with Dan, he can do it for me :D

Cheers for the heads up paul. It only needs to last 6 months or so until i get the rb26/30 in, then i'll be heading to jim for a custom clutch.

I rang Jim today at lunch but i got some other bloke, gave him my details n told him what i needed but he never called me back...

Thanks heaps for the replys guys!

Just got off the phone with Dan, he can do it for me :)

Cheers for the heads up paul. It only needs to last 6 months or so until i get the rb26/30 in, then i'll be heading to jim for a custom clutch.

I rang Jim today at lunch but i got some other bloke, gave him my details n told him what i needed but he never called me back...

He will probably call you tomorrow morning :/

As for the clutch....I can get you whatever clutch you want....any specs you want. Just as good as Jim Berry and probably a fraction of the cost.

See how you go though.

As for the clutch....I can get you whatever clutch you want....any specs you want. Just as good as Jim Berry and probably a fraction of the cost.

See how you go though.

Not trying to start an argument. But that is a BIG BIG call.

Not trying to start an argument. But that is a BIG BIG call.

It's all good. I know Jim Berry is one of the best. I also know Doug is just as good.

Not saying either is better than the other but I have used clutches made from both on many occasions so I know first hand. It's not like I would bag Jim out or anything, I have massive respect for him....I just prefer to use Doug as he has always looked after me and I know you are the same with Jim.

BTW...what was the big call?

Hmm, I should have phrased better. Jims advice on what to get to suit the application is probably why his are so good. He makes sure you get the right clutch for what you are using it for, then explains why. Jim and SK are the only two people I have ever come across to spend the time and have practical knowledge, to make sure you know what you are spending your money on, and why you are wasting it going down another path. For that even if I could get the EXACT same product cheaper I would still go with Jim just out of courtesy. That and does anyone else do his carbon clutches?

Doug is exactly the same. Only difference is that Doug doesn't bag out Jim but Jim bags out Nick's Clutch Service. Both are very good at what they do...the best in fact. Both are great for info.

And yes...Doug does do the Carbon clutches. I assume you are referring to the ATS style ones?