SAU Community

Kkr 480 Turbo

sidoo

Gday,

I was looking at putting a KKR 480 turbo in my r33 i was wondering if any one had already put one in and what workshop did the wrench time.

Cheers

I don't know anyone who has used one of these. Are you aware that you will have to change your dump pipe to suit the V-band configuration?

Not a bad setup otherwise.....nice and cheap too by the look of things.

I don't know anyone who has used one of these. Are you aware that you will have to change your dump pipe to suit the V-band configuration?

Not a bad setup otherwise.....nice and cheap too by the look of things.

Yeah dude i no that you got to change to vband but the dump is like under $200 so thats no biggie i just wanted to no if anyone out there nos cause i didnt want to pioneer the fiting of the turbo in queensland i no in NSW people are putting them on and getting results for a brush bearing turbo and Sam Cornell seems to be doing the work and tunning on these instalations.

Hi Im not actually in Queensland (Adelaide Actually). I had the boys at GT Autosound put a kkr 430 on my 96 33, It doesnt really lag and with boost being controlled by the wastegate 11psi I got my car dynoed at 202rwkw as soon as I get my power fc/injectors im gonna wind up the boost and should be able to pull 240rwks and if I change my AFM more.... all in all I was quite happy with it it was good replacement for my blown standard turbo.....

Hi Im not actually in Queensland (Adelaide Actually). I had the boys at GT Autosound put a kkr 430 on my 96 33, It doesnt really lag and with boost being controlled by the wastegate 11psi I got my car dynoed at 202rwkw as soon as I get my power fc/injectors im gonna wind up the boost and should be able to pull 240rwks and if I change my AFM more.... all in all I was quite happy with it it was good replacement for my blown standard turbo.....

Nice man what did they charge you for the fitting and tuning of the turbo it will give me an idea of what to expect. So what boost pressure will you have to run to get 240rwkw out of the kkr430 because it would have to be pushing the turbo pretty hard for that figue or are these turbos strong enough to take that abuse.

Im after about 250rwkw but i want the turbo to do it easy keep everything nice and efficent.

Nice man what did they charge you for the fitting and tuning of the turbo it will give me an idea of what to expect. So what boost pressure will you have to run to get 240rwkw out of the kkr430 because it would have to be pushing the turbo pretty hard for that figue or are these turbos strong enough to take that abuse.

Im after about 250rwkw but i want the turbo to do it easy keep everything nice and efficent.

They charged about $500 for the labour and even put some silicon hosing for me and I got it back the next day the biggest issue was the fuel and oil and water lines but I was told it was pretty easy in the end..... Im running 10 -11psi and pulling 202, at 11.5 it was 213 so Im sure if you have upgraded your fuel pump, have a power fc, AFM and injectors you should be able to pull 250rwkw at like 15-16psi these turbos are good for 20psi but obviously with the correct supporting mods. Im restricted atm by my injectors and AFM but was told from guys at tilbrooks that 250rwkw should be easily achievable with the correct supporting mods, hope this helps. My fuel consumption is about the same, lag isn't really an issue and the car sounds heaps more beefy all my friends tell me my car goes even harder and between 4-6k the turbo really boots! Hope this helps man!

They charged about $500 for the labour and even put some silicon hosing for me and I got it back the next day the biggest issue was the fuel and oil and water lines but I was told it was pretty easy in the end..... Im running 10 -11psi and pulling 202, at 11.5 it was 213 so Im sure if you have upgraded your fuel pump, have a power fc, AFM and injectors you should be able to pull 250rwkw at like 15-16psi these turbos are good for 20psi but obviously with the correct supporting mods. Im restricted atm by my injectors and AFM but was told from guys at tilbrooks that 250rwkw should be easily achievable with the correct supporting mods, hope this helps. My fuel consumption is about the same, lag isn't really an issue and the car sounds heaps more beefy all my friends tell me my car goes even harder and between 4-6k the turbo really boots! Hope this helps man!

yeah dude i think i will use the kkr480 turbo just so i got that bit of leeway on the turbo holding together side cause i dont like running things into the ground just for the sake of power but i guess the kkr430 would be able to make these fiqures but im still not sure the longenjevity of the turbo any way keep me informed of the progress and ill do the same ill do a full report when the turbo goes in with pics.