SAU Community

Converting Ipod Music Files To Mp3

ECR033

I know this is a little off-topic for this forum, but thought I'd give it a try anyway...

Can anyone recommend any free software which converts iPod (ie iTunes MPEG-4 audio files) to MP3 files?

Thanks for the links Anthos.

Unfortunately, I've got iTunes version 6, so it looks like I'll have to resort to burning to CD and then converting back to MP3 which will be a pain in the ar5e :(

Rather then waste CD's

Use Nero's Image recorder, then you can burn an Image, mount it with Deamon tools (or your favourite software) and then rip the "CD" with iTunes into MP3 :(

an easier way - if ur on a pc enable hidden folders and go thru a couple of folders and u should find all the music - drag it off, download a convertor and voila - ur tunes are now mp3

if ur using iTunes go to prefs, go to advanced or somthing like that

there is a importing tab there somewhere - choose the convertor as mp3

click done or whatever go to the main window click the advance menu thingo and then click convert to mp3 - and voila ur tunes are mp3

then when that is done find where ur music is stored and do with it what u want from there

• 2 months later...

is there anyway to take music from my ipod and put it on my comp??

i have a 60gig video ipod and i can only move files from comp to ipod not the other way. (can move other way if they are in data format, like using the ipod as a storage drive not an mp3 player).

=premo=:

Use find in windows

The mp3s on the ipod are hidden files so you will have to get find to check for hidden files.

ahhh, i see, will give it a try 2nite

got board at work again so i tried it, and it worked thanks for that. now i cant delet all the mp3's on ma comp

Edited by =premo=

=premo=:

Use find in windows

The mp3s on the ipod are hidden files so you will have to get find to check for hidden files.

or

Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Make sure the radio button for "Show Hidden files and folders" is checked.

Then browse the ipod removable drive and go copy the files. :laugh:

:yucky:

or

Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Make sure the radio button for "Show Hidden files and folders" is checked.

Then browse the ipod removable drive and go copy the files.

Well this won't work if your files are named randomly like "01.mp3"