SAU Community

A Bad Luck Day

RYN26

last week, Col wrote his day with his car, it's a good read and someone reckoned we should keep our stories up every week. So I am writing my "wonderful" day now, just wanna share some of my thoughts. ;) BTW, my English is kind of crap, so if you can't stand that, plz stop reading, peace.....

I got up 8:30 today(kind of early on a Sat), dont wanna stay home in a good sunny morning. So drove to Brisbane market even though one of my injector is leaking fuel..... drove slowly there( saw a pretty good looking blue 32, number plate ***35 ;) ) I might got there too early, couldn't find a place to park, all full.....finally found one, tried to reversed in, the car behind me kept barking me, plus the parking space there is pretty tight for a skyline, etc. I scrached the left corner of my front by the ass of the car in front( an old Benz well protected with cheap rober sticks ) so that car got no damage at all, and my front bumber's paint quite badly.( anyone offering a good priced paint job? thinking of whole car respray..... :) ) when I got off, and crying for the paint, the car behind me drove by with a BIG smile on his face.......

after that, I thought my bad luck's gonna end, but "luckly", NO! on my way back home, the traffic was kind of building up, when I wanna change into first gear after a traffic light, felt something strange happened with my clutch, then I tried to change to second, the cluth pannel suddenly droped to the floor.....!! :( Then I got no clutch feedback at all and can't changed gear anymore, and my car stopped in the middle of a single lane road with a long line of cars on my back...... I knew my car wont be able to move, so got off, asked my gf to take the steering wheel, then started to push the car forth then back to get to the side of the road.... :

what should I do next? as I am not with RACQ, tried to call my "good" friends to get help. Funny how, they were all busy at that moment.

Ryan: hey man, my car broke down by the side of the road, would you call the tolltruck you know to get me to the garage?

Friend: Er....... Nah, can't help you...... atually I dont know anyone with tolltruck........I am kind of busy now, can't help you....

Ryan: What you busy with? where are you?

Friend: Er...... I am at Coles.......in Toowong( 15mins drive away from where I am....) Sorry, got to go, bye!

Well, GOOD friends indeed!! well, they all free when they wanna go for a cruise or need a lift from me. Lucky me! Thank God I tried to call Daniel( 3ltr3 ) and see whether he could help. He was at work in Springwood, so I guess he was not able to help me anyway, but he managed to get to me in 40mins( drove all the way from Springwood, and tried to find his way to where I was)!! I almost bursted into tears when I saw him( call me a cici if you want) coz I really dont know what to do, and dont wanna call the Expensive RACQ tolltruck to toll my car to......I dont know where........

Dan brought some tools and parts with him tried to fix my car, but he found that it couldn't be repaired by then..... So he called a tolltruck to get my car to his place for a good price, and drove us home. Yeah, some of you might say: he's a mechanic, he's doing his job. well, yes, he's a mechanic, but I am not a big customer to him( only changed a belt for me, and only met me twice, the 2nd one is at the Dyno night) for just that, he got off work, and drove probbly 40km to help me out. what's more important to me, He got me out of the panic, and even bought water for me and my gf in case we were thirsty..... I was so moved....... Then sat there with us for an hour waiting for the tolltrucker to get there. BTW, while we were waiting, 4 skylines drove by, none stopped to offer help. To my surprised, there was a MAZADA FC passed by, then drove all the way back to offer me help. He didn't know much of mechanics though, but really appreciate his offer, compared to the skyliners..... Oh, ya, there were some crappy Holdens slowed down and stared at us, 2 of them yelled at us:"skyline sucks!!" wow, what a surprise they do so :laughing-smiley-014: and finally, another skyline stopped to see whether he could help, that's Ben's white 32GTR, Thanks man!

Well, I probbly wrote too much, to sum up, I learned few things today:

firstly, Daniel is really a GREAT GUY!! THANKS SO SO SOOOOOOO MUCH for the help and being so kind!!!! my car is yours!!!! ( not doing ad for him, and I dont think he need that, already got a very good reputation and got at least 4 skylines at his place waiting for him :D )

Secondly, do get a cheap insurance with RACQ, then you know where to get a tolltruck when your car broke down in the middle of the road.......

Thirdly, Never give a joy ride to the "Good" friends who are always busy whenever I need help!!

what's more, I will stop by next time I see a skyline break down by the side of road. Maybe I won't be able to help him fix the car, since I dont know much about mechanics. But I am sure it will make the skyliner feel better if there's someone come up offering help.

THanks alot for your time reading my long and boring story. Hope I wont get too many negative replies...... And good luck to all skylines!! :(

Edited by RYN26

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sure as hell isnt a mechanics job to drop what they are doing and go help people, then give them lifts home on the weekend. Dan for Aussie of the year! Seriously thats heaps nice of him. If he can keep that up he'll go places. So nice one Dan, 2 thumbs up and a pat on the back.

RACQ is a MUST I think. Even if its just for the 10% discount at cold rock! They can give you jumpstarts, a bit of fuel, a tow, get your keys out of your locked car, all at no charge (other than the tow, but you do get a bit free) Even help getting a tyre off (say you have aftermarket wheels and nuts, and still have the stock wheel brace :))

But dude, always look on the bright side of life. You have now found a good mechanic that you can trust and count on, there is something rare. You can now save yourself 50c on a christmas card to your 'good friend'. And tomorrow is going to be a better day, cause sure as shit it cant be worse!

Ryan, helping people is the essence of being a Queenslander and big :) to 3litr3 and Ben and the others who stopped for upholding that sense of helping. The rest can go to Victoria where they belong.

I guess it goes without saying that Dan will do the clutch repair.

Hope all turns out well with the repairs and remember this everyone when you see a fellow 'liner in the side of the road.

last week, Col wrote his day with his car, it's a good read and someone reckoned we should keep our stories up every week. So I am writing my "wonderful" day now, just wanna share some of my thoughts. :ermm: BTW, my English is kind of crap, so if you can't stand that, plz stop reading, peace.....

I got up 8:30 today(kind of early on a Sat), dont wanna stay home in a good sunny morning. So drove to Brisbane market even though one of my injector is leaking fuel..... drove slowly there( saw a pretty good looking blue 32, number plate ***35 :ermm: ) I might got there too early, couldn't find a place to park, all full.....finally found one, tried to reversed in, the car behind me kept barking me, plus the parking space there is pretty tight for a skyline, etc. I scrached the left corner of my front by the ass of the car in front( an old Benz well protected with cheap rober sticks ) so that car got no damage at all, and my front bumber's paint quite badly.( anyone offering a good priced paint job? thinking of whole car respray..... :P ) when I got off, and crying for the paint, the car behind me drove by with a BIG smile on his face.......

after that, I thought my bad luck's gonna end, but "luckly", NO! on my way back home, the traffic was kind of building up, when I wanna change into first gear after a traffic light, felt something strange happened with my clutch, then I tried to change to second, the cluth pannel suddenly droped to the floor.....!! :) Then I got no clutch feedback at all and can't changed gear anymore, and my car stopped in the middle of a single lane road with a long line of cars on my back...... I knew my car wont be able to move, so got off, asked my gf to take the steering wheel, then started to push the car forth then back to get to the side of the road.... :

what should I do next? as I am not with RACQ, tried to call my "good" friends to get help. Funny how, they were all busy at that moment.

Ryan: hey man, my car broke down by the side of the road, would you call the tolltruck you know to get me to the garage?

Friend: Er....... Nah, can't help you...... atually I dont know anyone with tolltruck........I am kind of busy now, can't help you....

Ryan: What you busy with? where are you?

Friend: Er...... I am at Coles.......in Toowong( 15mins drive away from where I am....) Sorry, got to go, bye!

Well, GOOD friends indeed!! well, they all free when they wanna go for a cruise or need a lift from me. Lucky me! Thank God I tried to call Daniel( 3ltr3 ) and see whether he could help. He was at work in Springwood, so I guess he was not able to help me anyway, but he managed to get to me in 40mins( drove all the way from Springwood, and tried to find his way to where I was)!! I almost bursted into tears when I saw him( call me a cici if you want) coz I really dont know what to do, and dont wanna call the Expensive RACQ tolltruck to toll my car to......I dont know where........

Dan brought some tools and parts with him tried to fix my car, but he found that it couldn't be repaired by then..... So he called a tolltruck to get my car to his place for a good price, and drove us home. Yeah, some of you might say: he's a mechanic, he's doing his job. well, yes, he's a mechanic, but I am not a big customer to him( only changed a belt for me, and only met me twice, the 2nd one is at the Dyno night) for just that, he got off work, and drove probbly 40km to help me out. what's more important to me, He got me out of the panic, and even bought water for me and my gf in case we were thirsty..... I was so moved....... Then sat there with us for an hour waiting for the tolltrucker to get there. BTW, while we were waiting, 4 skylines drove by, none stopped to offer help. To my surprised, there was a MAZADA FC passed by, then drove all the way back to offer me help. He didn't know much of mechanics though, but really appreciate his offer, compared to the skyliners..... Oh, ya, there were some crappy Holdens slowed down and stared at us, 2 of them yelled at us:"skyline sucks!!" wow, what a surprise they do so :laughing-smiley-014: and finally, another skyline stopped to see whether he could help, that's Ben's white 32GTR, Thanks man!

Well, I probbly wrote too much, to sum up, I learned few things today:

firstly, Daniel is really a GREAT GUY!! THANKS SO SO SOOOOOOO MUCH for the help and being so kind!!!! my car is yours!!!! ( not doing ad for him, and I dont think he need that, already got a very good reputation and got at least 4 skylines at his place waiting for him :( )

Secondly, do get a cheap insurance with RACQ, then you know where to get a tolltruck when your car broke down in the middle of the road.......

Thirdly, Never give a joy ride to the "Good" friends who are always busy whenever I need help!!

what's more, I will stop by next time I see a skyline break down by the side of road. Maybe I won't be able to help him fix the car, since I dont know much about mechanics. But I am sure it will make the skyliner feel better if there's someone come up offering help.

THanks alot for your time reading my long and boring story. Hope I wont get too many negative replies...... And good luck to all skylines!! :)

Thank you guys all so much for your kind replies! I was kind of nervous what feedback I would get from my long boring story..... And yeah, I am trying to look at the bright side, I got Dan as my mechanic and a bunch of nice guys from SAU....( those passed by skyliners should be none members, aye....)

THat's one thing I forgot to say which was quite important to me: The defination of a good mechanic is not only with good skill, but also with a nice attitude to his customers!! I had lost contact of Dan for a while( he's trying to get rid of me, I guess.....hah...) and my car needed to be serviced real bad, So I had to went to some garage. Yes, they did the job for me, but they were like kings of the world, and I was like begging them to do me a big big favor?!?! I am paying for that!! Shouldn't they treat me with respect? plus they were charging a "good" price! So even after my car's problem was solved by them, but I went home with a bad mood......

On the other hand, Dan is really a Friend of his customers. and always gives me a good mood. Such as the water he bought me, I know it doesn't worth much, but would any other mechanics do it? I think you probbly have to buy water for him! I would say Dan's the best among all the mechanics I know, and thanks a million to him!!

hey Max007, I remember you mate:) and Mud, hope I can get my car back on Thursday night, so that I can go to your meet up, cheers!

You should have called the TOWTRUCK in the first place..

The guy who came out to see if he could fix a gearbox/clutch/diff problem on the side of the road to save you a few dollars in towing is a bigger goose than you. I have a friend who has a similar logic to yours, he also thinks it's his right to f**k his friends around for half a day in a futile exercise so long as @ the end of it he thinks he's saved a $.

If you don't make unreasonable demands you'll find you'll be less disappointed in your friends, also cruising with a mate is hardly something that warrants you demanding some sort of favour in return. So many people today seem to gauge a friends worth by what services they can get out of that person, friendship is companionship and sharing common interests...not just keeping peeps around because they're are an asset you may need to use someday.

Poor form...twisted perception and bad parking!!

Edited by madbung

Sorry to hear Ryan...

Good to see Dan was able to help you out...

Madbung, i think you missed the point of the story... Ryan was in a pickel and didnt know what to do... A pedel flat to the floor can be many things... Some can be fixed on the side of the road and we all have plenty of time...

Anyways even if Dan was not able to do a thing he supported Ryan while the tow truck came and calmed him down... I had a busted heater hose one on the south side of Brisbane at 4am in the morning and i had to be a t work at 8...

I was in a panic and i needed someone to talk too... I was angry and was upset about the situation, cause i could have fixed the problem, but i didnt have any of my tools or any parts to replace it with... So after all that Dan took water with him and a helping hand... Thats what he offered...

Col, thx for making my point, I think that's becoz you had same experience. however, when I think the whole thing over today, it's not that bad, at least my car broke down in a sunny morning on a flat road( so that I can push it by myself easily.....) if it happen at 4a.m. in the middle of no where, Man......I would kill myself........ hey, you should pm me your number, then I know who to call at 4a.m.......hahaha......cheers

As for the friendship thing, I was just surprised how busy they all were on a Sat morning. On the other hand, a mechanic who was at work and 40kms away would come to help me out right away.

If any friend of mine call me, telling me that his car broke down on the street, and dont know what to do. I would drive to him right away, even though I won't be able to help him fix the car anyhow. Just to calm him down, and try to solve the problem with him. THat's what I would do for my friends......peace

Edited by RYN26

Yeh Dan was nothing but awesome when my engine in the 31 went. Came out within 20mins when i called him, even paid for the towing cause i couldnt afford it, put a fair bit off just to give me a hand.

even though one of my injector is leaking fuel..... .. why not get it fixed?? before driving into the city,

and

if any of u guys on here see me on the side of the road loojking pissed off and upset, dont stop.. i would find it really horrible if i had every skliyne passing stop to see whats going on then ....

anyway, sorry to hear u had a bad day man

Yeah, Chaos, Dan paid my towtruck as well, coz I dont have enough cash by then. transfered hi the money that night through internet.

Bryn, what's ur number plate? I will keep it in mind:) have to admit it's my bad that still drove my car with the fuel leak. Dan was going to change a newly conditioned set of injectors into my car on Tue. Just can't keep our minds off our skylines, don't we? :D

Lol bad luck day aye,

Well Dans doing extenisve upgrades on my car now (sorry for taking up all ya time spare Daniel lol)

He has done plenty to help me, even driving all the way to Redcliffe to help me with a prob i caused (your all going to laugh now), i didnt push my ecu all the way in and car wouldn't start, so, up Dan comes to the rescue, thats just one one occasion. Doing a great job hes doing on my car, can't wait to have it back on the road, well worth the wait (i'm getting anxious now)