SAU Community

Was 6 Turbo's Topic Now Twin Turbo Ideas

I read up in a mag that some guy in the US "I think" Has made a 4 cil per piston turbo engine.

Just wondering if I did a rebuild and made the 20 a 24 put 6 T25's or maybe the 28 how would it go.

Also what would I need to do

I know I would need a aftermarket CPU or chip the 32 one

Bigger injectors and Fuel pump

what do you guys think?

This is a what if BTW.

Edited by 7yphon

You are kidding right.....

you want to put 6 turbos on an RB20? where exactly? 3 in the boot and 3 in the passanger seat?

Even If you managed via some technical mastery to fit 6 turbos on the side of an rb20 it would not spool untill 9000+ rpm....

Perhaps you should buy yourself a bag of HKS sand and give the head a port and polish first...

Here is a really good guide on doing it

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...74&hl=hks++sand

the rb20 has enough trouble pushing 1 of it's own turbos let alone 6.

Anything bigger than a 2510/2530 and the rb20 sucks starts becoming quite low in response. Especially in the low rpm range.

people have done 2 stock rb20 turbos on an rb20 and it was laggy as hell. 6 - you have to be dreaming.

an rb20 is already to laggy with the stock turbo!, No stroke combined with no compression, combined with no displacement doesnt make for the most driveable combo, and you want to add 6 turbos?, you smoke rock?

like i said just a play around also the stock turbo isnt that bad mine was full boost at 2500 rpm the one i have on now is 3500 so not as bad as some

k, that 1 turbo spools full boost at 2500 (watever that boost is) off 6 cylinders lol. 6 Turbo's at 1 cyl a piece would mean that each turbo should come on boost at about 15,000RPM lol

well whats I was thinking was 6 T05's you know the small exar turbo's off the 1.6 they are very small hey and cheap so if they blow who cares

Edit: I downloaded that guys Engine run Sounds sooooo sweet even for a V8

Edited by 7yphon

given its a what if ill throw in my what if solution..

forget 6 t25's or the like, ideally what you'd be better of looking at is something like the turbos found on either starlets, or more preferably, the 600cc k cars out of japan, something really small...

a few reasons for this

size, the physical turbo's themsleves are not big, and ideally, with smart plumbing, you could possibly pull it off, without having to chop apart the firewall/strut towers to get them all in, probably involve some careateive manifold runners and a careful think through

response, given the 600cc jobs are driven by very little, ideally, with 2.4l of capacity, you'd still end up with a car that actually had boost below 6k

tuning it would be mighty interesting but itd be fairly exciting to pull off.. if i had wads of cash laying around and was bored id go do it for a giggle myself

I don't think there are turbos small enough to make it doable. You will be feeding each turbo with ~330-400cc cylinders, each of which are not good turbo spool cylinders. 6 T25s would be ridiculously laggy. No way near worth the effort or expense.

Here is a pic of an EVO 4G63 with 4 turbos though, to give a rough idea of what a "clean" turbo per cylinder setup looks like:

1702067fl.jpg

Edited by Lithium