SAU Community

Was 6 Turbo's Topic Now Twin Turbo Ideas

That was the pic they had for the artical I read.

and yer small turbos would be better plus you would need to make sure they fit lol

Im only putting this up for a laugh but yer if I ever get too bord I think I will try it.

All I can imagine is the two black line that it would leave on the Hiway after hitting boost

That was the pic they had for the artical I read.

and yer small turbos would be better plus you would need to make sure they fit lol

Im only putting this up for a laugh but yer if I ever get too bord I think I will try it.

All I can imagine is the two black line that it would leave on the Hiway after hitting boost

Haha yeah fair enough. The EVO was only a demonstration of what they can do - and a 4G63s are much better knowing for their off boost AND turbo spooling ability than an RB20DET, and then there is the whole matter of that with an RB20 you have two more cylinders - which in this case is bad.

plus with a turbo on each cylinder, you realy on the pulses from that single piston going up and down, were as conventionally eg, stock setup, the turbo is getting the pulse of 6 cylinders aswell, so i very much doubt if it would even pull boost before the limiter, lets not even, talk of how shitty the rb20 is off boost

how drunk were you when you though of this idea?

7yphon if you think your 20 isnt a torqueless, laggy bastard even with the stock turbo, you obviously havnt driven very many other turbo cars, eg any audi turbo, i love the rb20 dont get me wrong, but i own one and realisticly its not a decent street engine,

for example go jump in a biturbo audi s4, does 400nm @ 1850rpm. even a 1.8t will do 280nm @ 1800stock,, blah blah , not to mention the fact that to put 6 turbos on an rb20 would cost more than building up a phat 30det.

powerfigures dont mean shit, a meaty torque band is were its at.

Edited by Jolinator

Has anybody thought about running a difrent Twin Turbo setup.

EG.. Running stock turbo then running a 2nd bigger turbo off the dump pipe of the fist?

Would it work?

If so I would like to go that path instead

It would be silly to bother with stock turbos, being Ceramic and all they're useless.

There's a few TT RB20's around, personally I wouldn't bother unless I had some spare turbos sitting around and got really bored.

Money is better invested in a nice responsive, smallish single on a RB20.

Yer but the TT around run of three pipes im running a Hybrid BB turbo and I have a few other turbo's laying around so I was thinking on Running the Hybrid then a Bigger Garrett or HKS running of the dump of the first

hmmm, do you intend to run it in the way of, air from atmo into the first smaller turbo, outlet of that into the inlet of the second bigger turbo, witht he exhaust of the motor driving the big turbo, and exhaust of that driving the smaller one?

or do you want to run it in a switch manner, smaller turbo comes on then the second one fires up after and adds in via a switching mech?

Well I have thought abot the Switching mech but too f**king hard and way way too much piping. Never thought of that but I thought you would have the small turbo run of the exhaust then the dump of the small into the bigger one both outlets of air into a sep plenim then into the cooler. The only reason I dont think having the air going into the other turbo is because you might get a miss match of air vrs Exhaust and im not sure if thats a good thing in thery it would make the compress wheel spin slower then the exhaust.

because toyota spent lots to get the TT supra, a setup which most people get rid of.

Staged TT setup is pointless.

The only way TT would work even remotely well was is you went 3cyc per turbo and thats it.

No cross overs or anything.

Something like twin Nissan EXA turbos or something

Which, even then, would not fix your problem.

There is one way to fix it thats cheap and easy, NA RB30, RB30et or RB25

You see I dont see why its pointless I know of one supra who is being Tuned by WTF Auto thats a killer with that system, Its a wicked system and really you would only get rid of it if you are going full on into drag racing but even then it still hold a great value.

Yes I know the RB20 isnt as good as some engines but I have it and I dont really want to get rid of it until it dies.

But even then im thinking of buying a VG30DETT because its cheaper then the RB26 and more power then the RB25. But we will see what happens.

Anyway I dont think modding a car is pointless if im willing to spend the mony then I should be able too, And who knows I might do something that will blow ppl's minds and say hey thats really cool.

But ATM I still need to know can you run a 2nd turbo off the Dump of a first turbo.

The Supra uses a Valve in the Manafold to swith the Gasses to and from each turbo depending on what the ECU does now thats way too hard to setup "Unless I brought a Supra" Now if its possable I will try it as I have 2 turbo's sitting around and I have access to a T25 for a cheap price.

My goal is to make a Track working RB20 using a Twin Turbo system the First is for the low revs as you all know RB20 Suck at low revs and then Blowing into a Bigger Turbo to get that High end boost.

BTW this is all for fun I dont really care if it doesnt work out because ill try something else EG Supercharger

and I will keep going til this engine Craps itself then I will ponder about what my next engine will be.

I have a Bottem end of a RB25 sitting around so if I get the top half and a ECU plus engine mounts then I could drop a 25 in.

or I could rebuild the 20 into a 24 and see what new hights that will bring me

Edited by 7yphon

Dude... Im not knocking you, but im telling you now it wont be something "that will blow ppl's minds"

Trying to replicate what Toyota have spend millions of dollars on with the Supra, that IMO wasnt the crash hot anyway.

It is not something you are going to be able to replicated in a solid working fashion using a shed and a welder.

How are you going to control the transition?

What software are you going to use to valve control it with the variables of RPM/Boost/Gear etc etc etc.

Just drop an RB25 in there unless you have an endless pit of money to waste, as it sounds like you might have a lot of money if your talking about a Supra Style TT setup