SAU Community

100,000km Service

hayden49

Hey gius,

Well my car is coming up soon for the big 100,000km service and was wondering a few things.

will it be cheaper for me to buy a timing belt and supply it to nissan when they do the service?

what things do they replace on the car and roughly how much will i be looking at for them to do the works on my car?

cheers

hi man i have a neo 25 in a r32. I went to nissan and bought all the parts cost $360 all up that was a timing belt, tensioner,new water pump. Its worth doing the lot if ya have the coin! If ya just change the belt, the tensioner could seize futher down the track wear the belt and snap! Ya dont want that! Plus the timing belt has to be removed to change water pump.... So also if it stuffs up to you have to pay more mechanic bills! Get the drift.... :P

You really dont need to go to Nissan, do a search, all the items are listed and if you want a mechanic to do it, give him that list you will save money Nissan charge for their name.

the belts are only $89.50... Auto bahn and stuff charge $109etc. All places sell gates belts mainly.... Nissan belts no worries... I spun 205 kws at wheels @8psi definately standard belts ok.. :P

oh ok i have got a contact who runs a performance auto workshop so ill get him to do the work and save the extra $$.

timing belts are only $100ish? i swear i saw a genuine nismo one for $215 or somthing.

can i ring nissan and ask everything that will have to be changed at the 100k service then take this to my shop and get him to do it all?

cheers