Posting this on behalf of a mate.

Date:

Sat 24th June 2006

SBO Automotive

48 Glennie St. West

North Gosford 2250

Note:

Dyno is only 2WD unfortunately

This isn't only open to SAU. Other Nissan's will be attending.

Information/Cost:

$55 (pay on the day) for 3 runs printout of the best run and AFR included.

There will be prizes for highest horsepower etc. and sponsors will be there

Meet:

Plan is to meet-up at McDonalds West Gosford at 9:00AM.

You can choose to go straight to SBO if you don't wanna meet-up that early :O

map9jj.jpg

Just a little map indicating where the Golden Arches are located.

map6sh.jpg

Enquiries:

Any questions etc.. Feel free to post here.

If it's urgent, by all means PM me.

Hopefully will be a good turnout.. Would be nice to see some Skylines there aswell.

A post to say you are interested/coming would be greatly appreciated.. So we know what sort of numbers we are looking at.

Edited by br3tt

Thats the Throttle Shop. There was a open dyno day thing there last year where they had that problem, however thats at west gosford, and Brett says this is at

"SBO Automotive North Gosford"

So it's not the one you were thinking of Mic

Michael

Michael is correct, the throttle shop is the one where I have heard people need to remove their front bars.

I have been informed that there is no driveway clearance issues at SBO Automotive. :no:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting that up Brett.

Hey everyone Im the one who is organising this dyno day. Ive got it organised on another nissan forum but I thought that a few skylines showing up wouldnt be bad either.

I understand that TM and Throttle Shop are also having dyno days in the near future so if you go there instead then thats cool.

Just thought I'd offer

Cheers

Rob

why not go to all of them.

i am

TM AUTOSPORTS dyno day is on this saturday 17th june.

i will be going to SBO's dyno day as well.

see if i can get me some trophies. :D

why not go to all of them.

i am

TM AUTOSPORTS dyno day is on this saturday 17th june.

i will be going to SBO's dyno day as well.

see if i can get me some trophies. :unsure:

Good to meet you today man... your car pulled some extreme horsepower!!!

thanks guys.

made 387.5kw.

down a little from wat it made the day before. was pullin 420kw.

but having boost controller issues so wasnt boostin as high as it should of.

but i beat the supra so thats all that mattered(he came 2nd)

i won 4 trophies

-highest kw AWD

-highest kw RWD( took out the fuse)

-highest kw per litre

-highest kw overall winner

i played nice to the guy with the supra cuz he was hell cut up. looks like he has spent a s**t load of

money on his car. and gave him the RWD trophy.

have to admit but i only won by .6 of a kw.

It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning. :D

cheers guys.

will see you at the SBO day. wont be there till about lunch time

You can give me highest kw overall winner if you want bro :D

Hahha jks.

Spewing I missed it.. Good to see some skylines ripping up the dyno's.

Will hopefully see you guys at SBO this weekend after work (*hopes*)

Just for those going straight to the workshop, here is the map where its located compared to the maccas we are meeting at (refer to brett's original post).

Easiest way is to turn left at the traffic lights and follow Racecourse Road, turn left again at a small roundabout, then its first on the left again.

If anyone gets lost, needs directions or anything, then give us a call on 0422 578 948.

Cya's there!

map6sh.jpg

Mic i see your reading you need to give the mirage a run with a shot of nos ;):D

And DVS32R why dont' you ever come out to our skyline meets f**ker. Congrads on the result.

192kw on 24psi then add 125hp shot of Nos...dont need a dyno to work that out... :PBJ: :D

But think of the trophies, and the fact yoru mirage would put out more then some other BIG cars :D

i would...but im in qld for 2 weeks from 2morrow...mite try and get a mate to bring it down for a dyno run 4 u guys...lol all the chicks there will b all over the car a bit like this---- :D haha sorry i jst love emitocons!!!!

Hmmm just turn up at the CCMC one and there like hey thats the f**ker who boosted it around the car park :D LOL

And give it a shot of Nos for good mesure. You have to book at at teh thottle shop i herd dunno when it is, must be coming up soon.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• FWIW, I've always found Toyota A/Cs to be much colder than Nissan ones. Even that 2024 Nissan X-Trail (that VW Australia lent to me), the A/C isn't as cold as other base model Toyota Corollas/Camrys, etc. Maybe Toyota A/C compressors are superior? 
    • Hurry while stocks last! 🤣 13% points redemption on this $6000 Mont Blanc "James Dean" ballpoint pen at Yodobashi Camera in Umeda, Osaka
    • It's not that at all....I just love the R chassis too much to keep racing it! Absolutely impossible to fix the damn thing if I bend it.... That last off I had (when I neglected to do what Kel said), we removed a gum tree with the side of the boot....needed a new rear quarter, boot lid, floor straighten, rear bar, front bar, both front guards, radiator, bov return and I still haven't got it back for a proper alignment to check it is actually straight again). There are just too many ways in tarmac rally to do significant damage to a car that you can't really get parts for.
    • Now I'd said earlier I'd checked the fuses, and per @Stick180's suggestion I checked them all again. The check was to use the multimeter in continuity mode on the top of each fuse where the little metal tabs are available for that purpose. All good....except that very "A/T Control" fuse was actually blown when I pulled it out and looked at it. Put it back in, tested it again, there is continuity to both sides even though the fuse is blown. I'll need someone smarter than me, but my suspicion is that I was getting a circuit through a power supply, through an incandescent globe somewhere, to earth, to the shorted wire and back to the other side of the fuse, making it look like the fuse was OK when it wasn't....please anyone that understands this f**kery explain it to me. Bottom line....that suspicious purple/white wire, in an undamaged factory loom, that goes to the the wrong place in the fuse box has a dead short to earth, confirmed from both ends.  How a single wire in a factory loom can be shorted, especially the best protected loom in the whole car (underneath the top of the dash) is going to keep me awake at night because surely whatever caused the damage has (or will) damaged other wires in that loom too. So, to finish this long and sad story....cut the purple/white wire where it exits the fuse box, ran a new wire from there to the ECU loom pin 31, fired it up and drove happily into the sunset. Only 4 days of head scratching and peering into footwells to get me there. Another collection of wire removed (in addition to the earlier photo) and a bunch of 10a fuses that gave their lives for the trouble shooting....thank you for their service.  And, since the car was in the shed I resealed the cam cover (first time I've ever had a new seal leak on an RB, but the Stagea is that kind of lucky), and I put in the boost doc cam splash plates to try and turn down the blow by a bit while I was there. Which, was all good because it also let me find the slow coolant leak, turns out it was from the turbo water supply which I nipped up again (the banjo bolt got new washers, and I tightened the hose end and hose to banjo fitting while I was there)