SAU Community

Central Coast Dyno Day - 24th June - 10:00am

br3tt

I'll go tomorrow to have a lookski.

Anyone else?

Bringing a mate who has a Nissan Gazelle.

Still in the engine swap phase but just been completely sprayed black.

Can't wait to see it!

I think i was the only one!

Got a nice 190rwkws though

Yibeda yibeda !!!!

Bloody stoked !!! ;)

There was another GTR R32 who got 290ish.

Crickey !

A black R32 GTST went by..BEC plates but disssappeared.

Didn't see anyone else.

Never seen so many 17 year olds!

Damn i felt old !

:P

hey guys.

went to the sbo dyno day today. bit dissapointed about a few things.

1st things 1st but. i won another dyno comp... awesome

bit unhappy with the treatment of the cars. guy calls your name takes your key stalls it a couple of times then tries to blow it up by holding it at about 8000 for 5 seconds. made me really angry ;) .

saw a little old skool rolla with twin cam rolla motor in it, last run about to hit rev limiter and bang, bye bye tailshaft. lost the uni joint sent the tailshaft to the ground snapped it sent it up into the floor pushing the floor up under the drivers seat and smashing a bottle of wild the sphincter of the universe he had there. crazy.

i got overall winner.... and you know what they gave me as a prize a f***ing bottle of 20w50 oil that wont be going into my car. how stin g. i wanted a trophie. b stards.

some one needs to teach them about how to treat cars on a dyno and in general. and to leave the fan on in front of the car inbetween runs to help stop heat soak.

hey guys.

went to the sbo dyno day today. bit dissapointed about a few things.

1st things 1st but. i won another dyno comp... awesome

bit unhappy with the treatment of the cars. guy calls your name takes your key stalls it a couple of times then tries to blow it up by holding it at about 8000 for 5 seconds. made me really angry ;) .

saw a little old skool rolla with twin cam rolla motor in it, last run about to hit rev limiter and bang, bye bye tailshaft. lost the uni joint sent the tailshaft to the ground snapped it sent it up into the floor pushing the floor up under the drivers seat and smashing a bottle of wild the sphincter of the universe he had there. crazy.

i got overall winner.... and you know what they gave me as a prize a f***ing bottle of 20w50 oil that wont be going into my car. how stin g. i wanted a trophie. b stards.

some one needs to teach them about how to treat cars on a dyno and in general. and to leave the fan on in front of the car inbetween runs to help stop heat soak.

Congrats on your win Jeremy...

As for treatment of other cars.... well they arent exactly used to the heavy clutches in those cars, therefore they stall them at times. Holding it at 8000rpm? Dont think so buddy...

And as for the prizes - We had other stuff lined up, however the people who were supplying them rang up this morning saying "Sorry, we forgot to order them therefore we cant bring you anything" - We were a bit annoyed about that ourselves too.

We had to switch the fan off for a few seconds between runs so that we could hear what the driver/operator had to say (eg: he wanted to check some quick details between runs to make sure it was running correctly)

Yes poor corolla, absolutely ripped a huge hole in the floorpan of the car - got pics of that on here.

Congrats once again.

Rob

I think i was the only one!

Got a nice 190rwkws though

Yibeda yibeda !!!!

Bloody stoked !!! ;)

There was another GTR R32 who got 290ish.

Crickey !

A black R32 GTST went by..BEC plates but disssappeared.

Didn't see anyone else.

Never seen so many 17 year olds!

Damn i felt old !

:P

You the bloke with the White GTS-T?

Just found this on a Toyota forum, Come kick some Toyota ass!!!

TOYMODSDYNO DAY 13!

Proudly Supported by and held at:

Silverwater Automotive Services

1/141 Silverwater Rd Silverwater NSW 2128

Cost:

Members $45 (Both 2WD & 4WD).

Non-Members $50 - 2WD, $65 - 4WD.

Thats right the 13th Bi Annual Toymods DynoDay is scheduled for

Sunday July 2nd 2006. (8.30am Start !)

Dyno Day 13 will once again be held at SAS in Silverwater. Dyno runs will be conducted in "Shootout" mode on a 4WD Dyno Dynamics Chassis Dyno.

The day is open to members and non members alike, all vehicles are more than welcome. Remember - ANY vehicle can compete.

Each vehicle will receive ONE Run on the 4WD Dyno.

FOOD !

The Day will start with Bacon and Egg rolls for Breakfast at $2.50 for members and $3.50 for non-members

For Lunch members will be able to buy a Sausage Sandwich for $2 and a cold can of drink for $1. Non members will be able to buy a Sausage Sandwich for $3 and a cold can of drink for $1. Rissole sandwiches will also be available at $3 for members and $4 for non members

TROPHIES.

There will be 6 primary categories with the overall Killerwatt King perpetual trophy going to the highest overall score of the day.

Vehicles will be eligible to compete in only one PRIMARY class. The vehicle owner may choose to compete in a higher class but must do so before their Dyno Run.

The 6 Primary classes are:

Under 1800cc N/A Class

1800cc - 2800cc N/A Class

Over 2800cc N/A Class

Under 1800cc Forced Induction Class

1800cc - 2400cc Forced Induction Class

Over 2400cc Forced Induction Class.

The 2 Secondary Class Trophies are:

Top 4WD

Most improved.*

*The Most improved Trophy is for the member with the Highest percentage kw increase on his/her car from the previous Dyno Day. It must be the same Vehicle and must be back to back Dyno days where the entrant was a Financial member for BOTH events.

Class Trophies will be Presented at the end of the day for interstate competitors but otherwise will be presented at the following Toymods Monthly meeting, as will the Trophy for the Killerwatt King proudly sponsored by Redline Motorsport.

CLASS SELECTION.

The class eligibility for your vehicle is based on the presence of forced induction be it Turbo or Supercharger and the capacity of your engine. Since there is no way to determine an engine's internal modification capacity is based on the Original Factory capacity of the block used.

There are no boost limits for the forced induction classes, the toymods car club does not handicap those people who have constructed an engine capable of supporting higher boost levels.

There are also no restrictions on the type of fuel used on the day. Should you be running anything other than PUMP gas please advise the Dyno opperator PRIOR to your run.

Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact the toymods board on [email protected]

The Toymods car Club and SAS will not be responcible for any damage, no matter how arising during testing/moving of the vehicles.

The Toymods Car Club Encourages Responsible driving to and from all of its events.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• FWIW, I've always found Toyota A/Cs to be much colder than Nissan ones. Even that 2024 Nissan X-Trail (that VW Australia lent to me), the A/C isn't as cold as other base model Toyota Corollas/Camrys, etc. Maybe Toyota A/C compressors are superior? 
    • Hurry while stocks last! 🤣 13% points redemption on this $6000 Mont Blanc "James Dean" ballpoint pen at Yodobashi Camera in Umeda, Osaka
    • It's not that at all....I just love the R chassis too much to keep racing it! Absolutely impossible to fix the damn thing if I bend it.... That last off I had (when I neglected to do what Kel said), we removed a gum tree with the side of the boot....needed a new rear quarter, boot lid, floor straighten, rear bar, front bar, both front guards, radiator, bov return and I still haven't got it back for a proper alignment to check it is actually straight again). There are just too many ways in tarmac rally to do significant damage to a car that you can't really get parts for.
    • Now I'd said earlier I'd checked the fuses, and per @Stick180's suggestion I checked them all again. The check was to use the multimeter in continuity mode on the top of each fuse where the little metal tabs are available for that purpose. All good....except that very "A/T Control" fuse was actually blown when I pulled it out and looked at it. Put it back in, tested it again, there is continuity to both sides even though the fuse is blown. I'll need someone smarter than me, but my suspicion is that I was getting a circuit through a power supply, through an incandescent globe somewhere, to earth, to the shorted wire and back to the other side of the fuse, making it look like the fuse was OK when it wasn't....please anyone that understands this f**kery explain it to me. Bottom line....that suspicious purple/white wire, in an undamaged factory loom, that goes to the the wrong place in the fuse box has a dead short to earth, confirmed from both ends.  How a single wire in a factory loom can be shorted, especially the best protected loom in the whole car (underneath the top of the dash) is going to keep me awake at night because surely whatever caused the damage has (or will) damaged other wires in that loom too. So, to finish this long and sad story....cut the purple/white wire where it exits the fuse box, ran a new wire from there to the ECU loom pin 31, fired it up and drove happily into the sunset. Only 4 days of head scratching and peering into footwells to get me there. Another collection of wire removed (in addition to the earlier photo) and a bunch of 10a fuses that gave their lives for the trouble shooting....thank you for their service.  And, since the car was in the shed I resealed the cam cover (first time I've ever had a new seal leak on an RB, but the Stagea is that kind of lucky), and I put in the boost doc cam splash plates to try and turn down the blow by a bit while I was there. Which, was all good because it also let me find the slow coolant leak, turns out it was from the turbo water supply which I nipped up again (the banjo bolt got new washers, and I tightened the hose end and hose to banjo fitting while I was there)