SAU Community

How To Clean Engine Bay?

aquariuz6

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, did this the other week and it came out the shiz!!

only problem is.. the inox didn't last long :D.. at first it was shiny as hell.. seven days later i pop the bonnet, and it's like it was never there in the first place :P:(

does anyone know of a non silicon alternative that does the same thing?

Just curious to how to clean the engine bay.

Has anyone tried to spray degreaser all over it and spray it with water?

Just asking because i just noticed thats what the can of degreaser tells you to do.

Would it be safe? Thinking of electrical wires and other things.

What i have tried is to just spray degreaser onto the engine bay and start wiping.

It works. My friend cleaned his old v8 with a can of degreaser. Afterwards, it looked like it he bought a new engine. It was nice and shiny.

Has anyone else have tried any other ideas besides getting a professional to clean it.

Also if people do want to try the degreaser and you have a 10-5 year old engine, may i suggest a lot of cloths because i ended up using one cloth for just about the plenum before it turned black

OK then here is my two bobs worth...

Buy or rent a high pressure steam cleaner , this will steam the crap off and it will bring back a bit of moisture to the parts, sure if you want spray the de-greaser before and leave for a while.

You can clean your rims and underguards but avoid painted areas for long periods of time :D

You can do your garden paths and ornaments aswell after this and other things.

Instead of silicon spray try using amour-all i think this penetrates the plastics etc better,just wipe it on though,dont spray it.

And yeah still have the car running for 5 minutes after you finish....go for a drive it will dry faster.